Not a Member? 

Like Tree22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2014

Minnesail is on a distinguished road
Re: Making it comfortable for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblument View Post
installing a Thetford M550P MSD for m'lady's bathroom pleasure. I'm sure I'll like it, too...
Could you report back on this? Maybe even start a thread?

I'm looking at either the Thetford 550p MSD or the Sealand SaniPottie 975MSD.
Old 08-07-2014
don't like leanin'

Multihullgirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip68 View Post
Just swish the french press in the lake water and you are done! (See what I mean, I'm such a guy)
First world problems, my man: I have a 40' cat. Observe the tiny picture above - Handsome Husband, next to the boat there, is 6'1". Boat has got some freeboard, yeah. Swishing would involve me leaving the cabin, crossing the 'pit, walking down the transom steps, dumping/swishing, going back up the steps, back across the 'pit, back into the cabin.

Or I can just open the under-sink cabinet in my galley, and pop the puck o'grinds into my trash can inside the cabinet.

When I had the 27' trimaran, I would have swished. Naw, I didn't even have a stove for coffee (too much weight) - I drank canned coffee aboard the trimaran. Come to think, I think you've also got a thread about small-boat provisioning... the (hate to say) Starbucks Doubleshot espresso in the tiny cans are pretty good and they're small

Last edited by Multihullgirl; 08-07-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-07-2014
s/v Dream Weaver

clip68 is on a distinguished road

First world problems indeed! I must have coffee though!
Old 08-07-2014

Greenhand is on a distinguished road

For our pocket cruiser, I insisted on a porta potti. The small camping toilet paper holders and a small bottle of hand sanitizer fit in the built in cup holders behind the porta potti.

We froze camel bag type water bags (the kind that go in backpacks). Hang one up on an extra cleat in the morning and you just might still have cool water at the hottest part of the day. If not, you will have hot water, so check before sipping.

We tried using a collapsible 5 gallon container for our extra water (no built in tank), but it sprang a leak. We replaced it with two 2.5 gallon collapsible containers, but one of them had a leak when we bought it. We eventually just used one gallon jugs.

We never used the built in cabin light: we used a lawn mower sized battery that could just handle the fish/depth finder and the anchor lights for a long weekend. For lighting, we used small LED lanterns. One reason for the smaller battery was that I could lift it, so we could take it home to charge it.

If you don't have any means of cooking, hard boiled eggs and precooked bacon make a hearty breakfast. Sandwiches are the easiest thing to eat under way in any size vessel.

We installed a small plastic basket on the bulkhead beside the companionway. This was originally meant for toiletries, but it ended up being perfect for certain things we wanted to keep inside, but readily accessible, like the camera.

We added a rail mount cup holder to the stern rail. I got the closest image by googling "Cabelas cup holder," but I didn't find a good link.

We attached a small bike handlebar bag to the railing to hold items in the cockpit. It was a good place for snacks without having to go below - especially important when conditions have spray coming over that tiny pocket cruiser deck and requiring you to have the hatch closed as much as possible.

Our pocket cruiser has a fuel locker. Since we use very little fuel, we only put a one gallon tank in there. This left room for a small tackle bag that we kept our sail ties and sailing gloves in. The Precision 18 doesn't have winches, so gloves are important, especially that day we went on a very narrow lake. I could literally take one bite of my sandwich between tacks.

The bimini was only good for lunch breaks. We started sailing on Texas lakes and thought the bimini would revolutionize our summer weekends. It very nearly put us in the drink when we healed over and it caught the wind just as the sail was spilling it!

The one thing we really wished we had that one time was pants. We had been sailing all summer worried about how to cool off, then Thanksgiving came and the sun went down and we crawled into bed by 7 because we had forgotten to pack pants.
Old 08-07-2014

Westsailforever is on a distinguished road

When we are on the hook or a mooring, my wife wants a curling wand . We have a small inverter , we both know it won't handle a wand . She was thinking about one of those butane types , they make me nervous . So my question , curling wand users what do you use ? Sorry if this has been discussed but this is a long thd.
Old 08-07-2014
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsailforever View Post
When we are on the hook or a mooring, my wife wants a curling wand . ...
Pretty much I try not to end the trip looking like one of those little troll figurines that you twirl between your fingers and its hair stands straight up. But it looks like you can get just about anything in 12V:

Amazon.com: 12V, Curling Iron: Automotive Amazon.com: 12V, Curling Iron: Automotive

WindWanderer likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
The Following User Says Thank You to DRFerron For This Useful Post:
Westsailforever (08-08-2014)
Old 08-07-2014

miatapaul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsailforever View Post
When we are on the hook or a mooring, my wife wants a curling wand . We have a small inverter , we both know it won't handle a wand . She was thinking about one of those butane types , they make me nervous . So my question , curling wand users what do you use ? Sorry if this has been discussed but this is a long thd.
You could get old school and use the ones you heat up on a burner.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2014
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't dream of being able to speak to what all women want, but my wife who has lived aboard with me for 6 years had a few items on her list that weren't on mine.

Separate shower
Full length mirror
More decorations than I may have added.
A place for clothes and shoes where they don't get moldy

Medsailor

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.

Tags
comfort , cruising , outfitting