SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Older ladies

8K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  Trismus37 
#1 ·
Enjoy! it went viral!

#6 ·
Within the past two weeks I have gone from an old Fuddy-Duddy to a Timeless Treasure for two reasons.

First, even though I have never sailed anything more complicated than a c-scow and never sailed (an old sunfish) further than 100 yards from shore when on salt water, my husband David and I just bought a 2015 Lagoon 450! Today is the first time I read nancyleeny's quote about figuring out net worth. Take your dreams and subtract your doubts and you get your net worth (from memory, not exact). No wonder I feel like a million bucks! We put it into charter so we have seven years to sail the world by using the company's reciprocal program. We only have to find experienced catamaran sailors that want to spend a week sailing the Caribbean with us and can teach me the basics as we go.

Secondly, this "Older Ladies" video totally captured the joy, celebration and confidence I am recently feeling towards myself. I have the wiggly tummy and saggy boobs that prove I have gathered a lifetime of wisdom and am embracing grace. Thank you Denise for sharing that. Are you a part of the video or did you just happen come across it?

#7 ·
Within the past two weeks I have gone from an old Fuddy-Duddy to a Timeless Treasure for two reasons.

First, even though I have never sailed anything more complicated than a c-scow and never sailed (an old sunfish) further than 100 yards from shore when on salt water, my husband David and I just bought a 2015 Lagoon 450! Today is the first time I read nancyleeny's quote about figuring out net worth. Take your dreams and subtract your doubts and you get your net worth (from memory, not exact). No wonder I feel like a million bucks! We put it into charter so we have seven years to sail the world by using the company's reciprocal program. We only have to find experienced catamaran sailors that want to spend a week sailing the Caribbean with us and can teach me the basics as we go.

Secondly, this "Older Ladies" video totally captured the joy, celebration and confidence I am recently feeling towards myself. I have the wiggly tummy and saggy boobs that prove I have gathered a lifetime of wisdom and am embracing grace. Thank you Denise for sharing that. Are you a part of the video or did you just happen come across it?
How exciting for you! I hope you have the time of your life!!
Nancy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.