Not a Member? 

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2013

RealST is on a distinguished road
Re: HerSailnet...Ground Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt.roxanne View Post
Hello, I just joined two days ago and I was looking for a place to post. This is really great that you have area set aside for women. I'm really glad that I stumbled across SailNet everyone has been really nice to me. I have a 16 foot Hobie and I am working my way up to a larger live aboard, but in the meanwhile I really love my Boat. it seems like it's been a long time since someone has posted here. It would be great to meet other women sailors.Roxanne
I loved my 16' Hobie! Even though it was not my first sail boat, it was the boat that truly ignited my passion for sailing...hope you enjoy yours as much as I did.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-19-2013

CaptLDL is on a distinguished road

Hello out there... seems no one has been on this thread for quite a while.
It is now "off season" for me here in the NE, the boat was winterized and "put to bed" 2 weeks ago and I am looking for ways to pass the time til spring rolls around. Other than working my full time job I am not thrilled about. Of course family commitments and the holidays will keep me occupied for a bit... but once January arrives I'll start getting itchy.
I started my typical routine of reading sailing adventures and ordering more used books on amazon.
I am curious if there are any other women sailors out there willing to share stories, discuss boating issues and hopes/dreams for future adventures...
Honestly I was reluctant to even indicate whether I was male/female when I entered my profile recently... I didn't know if I would be taken seriously or not.
I like reading the various forum topics so far.
(Capt) Lisa
Old 11-19-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Hello Lisa.

Welcome to SailNet. You'll find that most of the women here lurk. Some pop out every now and then when they feel passionate about something, but mostly it is the men who contribute.

This particular thread was added just to announce the appearance of HerSailNet way back when so don't expect much activity. If any. A few of the other HerSailNet threads are more popular (mostly with the men though).

Don't be afraid to pipe up in any part of the forum. We (mostly) don't bite.
34crealock likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 11-19-2013

gamayun is on a distinguished road

Hi Lisa, welcome! On the water, I have met a good number of female sailors, some who are also single handing and a few with their 100 ton license. I don't know many who post here, either in SN or HerSailnet, and I tend to eschew the women-only approach to anything, but I'll look forward to your posts where ever they might be and will share my thoughts, too.

Cheers,

Carliane
Kesmg likes this.

s/v Kynntana
Freedom 38
Old 11-20-2013

Thank you both! I love reading the various topics in all the forums but need more time to do so. Just starting to get a handle on all of the "areas" on this site.

FYI - yesterday afternoon I made a final visit to the marina I will be moving my boat to this spring... and selected a slip and signed the contract. It was a tough decision. I spent the past 6 yrs in a location I loved... but had to move to NJ.
Had to considere - where would the sun rise/set. Where would the tide be coming in/going out of. Current near entrance of slip. Typical winds thru the marina? Neighbors? Where can I keep dinghy w/out paying? Floating docks? How far of a walk from parking lot. Etc, etc, etc... finally made my choice - trying to get the best slip for the least amount of $$$. NOW I WISH MY BOAT WERE THERE NOW - but she is in DE for the winter.

Looking forward to reuniting w/ my mistress... (yes, my boat!).
Lisa
Old 12-02-2013

LesleyS is on a distinguished road

Hi Lisa,
Where are you in Delaware? I just moved my boat (single-handed, perhaps I will post a "story" of my first adventure moving my Morgan 416 by myself to a new destination :^) to Summit North where I am keeping it for the winter.

Lesley
s/v SheerJoy
Morgan 416 Ketch
Old 12-02-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

Welcome to our newest SailNet members!

I do suggest and hope that you post your introductory messages in the "Introduce Yourself" section rather than here.

Introduce Yourself - SailNet Community

I look forward to all of your contributions to the forum.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 12-03-2013

Hi Leslie- wow, that's where my boat is now also. I'm on C-dock. Actually I will be down tomorrow to check on her and hang out a bit. Just wintering there then will move on to the NJ Coast in the spring.
Would lov to chat about boating sometime!
Lisa
s/v Tavernier
Pearson 31
Old 12-03-2013

LesleyS is on a distinguished road

Lisa,
Hahaha! I was wondering who had the nice - looking Pearson at the beginning of C dock - LOL! Walk to the end of C Dock and you'll find my Morgan parked on the T-head. When are you going down tomorrow? I'll stop by to say hello. (Sorry Mods for turning this into a meetup ..... your rules about not being able to PM until until a certain number of posts ;-)

I'll try to PM u and send a friend request. I think I have just barely passed probation.

I now return this thread to its regularly scheduled programming .....
Old 12-03-2013

Hi Lesley- LOL... I am so new to this site ... I wrote you a private message but it didn't go through cuz I'm too new (I guess). Probation issue??? I'll get the hang of it...
Yes, the Pearson is my baby. I'll be down tomorrow (Wed.) after work - likely to arrive around 5p. Stop by for a glass of wine and story or two... if you are around at that time...
Lisa