SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

HerSailnet...Ground Rules

30K views 66 replies 34 participants last post by  Jeff_H 
#1 ·
This is a thread that is primarily BY and FOR the female members of Sailnet where they can post and share questions and concerns with others in an adult and rational way. It is not:
1. A place for the men of sailnet to post "want ads"
2. A place where conversation, language and content will be permitted to degenerate into "locker room" standards that may be acceptable in the off topic forum.

Moderators will manage this sub-forum more aggressively and delete posts and threads that do not meet this higher standard as we try to carve out a more female friendly place within Sailnet.
We encourage our female members to find a home here and to report any posts you find objectionable using the "report post" icon in the top right corner of each message.
Thanks in advance to all for your cooperation.

#60 ·
Hi Lesley- LOL... I am so new to this site ... I wrote you a private message but it didn't go through cuz I'm too new (I guess). Probation issue??? I'll get the hang of it...
Yes, the Pearson is my baby. I'll be down tomorrow (Wed.) after work - likely to arrive around 5p. Stop by for a glass of wine and story or two... if you are around at that time...
Lisa

#64 ·
Not to hijack the thread, But have to tell you I'd meet these amazing people in Palma de Majorca in '66. I'd made models of Yankee as a boy so what an honor. I've still got the last bits of teak from her taffrail (Rara Tonga) and got a guilded tour of the Irving and the Electa in LA when they were outfitting. So different,eh!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.