Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > herSailNet
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2007

SailorPam is on a distinguished road
Thanks Sailhagg, I haven't updated the site since probably last year at this time. But with Prozac out of the water I should get around to it again soon. And thank you for putting your wakeboard boat down in Shasta We get a few on Howard Prairie, but we tend to be a tad choppy with the wind we get. They can play havoc with a raft up of sailboats. So you're on Hayden Island? We've been there several times looking at boats. It seems like a nice spot.

BTW - how does one become a Galley Goddess?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-07-2007
Galley Goddess

sailhagg is on a distinguished road
Actually I'm not on the island, thank heavens! I live in Salem so I have to drive an hour to get to the boat and if I had to go to the island it would add at least another 30 minutes given the traffic, depending on time of day.

Your welcome about the wakeboard boat. There are some real idiots out there when it comes to wakes. Shasta isn't much for sailboats, although we took our trailer sailor down there once, it was ok but generally there isn't much wind. Although we've seen it kick up.

As for Galley Goddess? If you serve other than chili dogs etc. from your galley then you too are a goddess. When our club does a cruise, there are several who will come to see what we're eating. I didn't realize at first that the foods most were eating were so...yucky. I'm pretty good in the kitchen and it spills over in the galley (not literally ). On our last cruise one dinner was provancal chicken in white wine sauce w/red potatoes. I also found some wild blackberries and made a cobbler. The boat rafted up to us had chili dogs and chips... My family would mutiny if I served something like that! Thus my hubby views me as the galley goddess....works for me All scalawags grovel before me with empty plates! LOL
Old 10-07-2007
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
Great Post ladies, keep it up. I hope some of those that lurk might chime in here or start another tread.
Annapolis boat show meet up.. Great meet up with the women showing up as well. Nice to put a smiling face to a name for all those that came. Thanks Ericka for the setting it up and ordering the pizza's.
My sailing blog. I started it about 1 1/2 years ago. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/revolution/. Enjoy!
Old 10-07-2007
Galley Goddess

sailhagg is on a distinguished road
Nice blog Melrna, (I love the 'crazy woman boat driver').

I hope some of you ladies floating around the sides here will join in. The guys have tons going on and while I comment sometimes (I like to pick on CD) it would be nice to have some girl time. If you're really intimidated to try this (it is hard the first time) just say hi and tell us what kind of boat you have.

Melrna, I've an idea for a thread. I'll look and see if it's already hanging around first though. Thanks for sharing your blog! You look good at the wheel
Old 10-07-2007
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
Okay, Melrna, my mind is officially blown! Just read in your blog your story of sailing the Chesapeake this summer. In the background of your photo of your chartered boat "Ad Disaster" ... that's OUR boat in the neighboring slip! You can just catch a hint of toast-colored Sunbrella sailcover, that's us. Dan was replacing the Formica in the galley during last July so we weren't staying aboard - otherwise we would have met you several months ago.
Old 10-09-2007
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
eryka - I did say hello to Dan. He came for up for air a few times we were docked and he had to move the dingy when we left and came back into the slip. Such a small world. I am always blown away by my many travels.
Old 10-09-2007
Courtney the Dancer

jrd22 will become famous soon enough
Melrna- Way to go! I know a lot of people that just won't go out solo. It's the best way to figure out what you don't know IMHO. My father solo's in the Hudson river by Tarrytown all the time and people think he's nuts- he just turned 86. My wife has just expressed an interest in taking sailing lessons, there will be champagne waiting on the dock when she gets back from her "solo". Thanks for sharing with us all, great story. John

1988 Brewer 40 Pilothouse