Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > herSailNet
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2010

Keona is on a distinguished road
I use a solar shower.

I use a solar shower, wet my legs, use shaving cream, and rinse. I don't do it in the shower cause it clogs the drain, I do it in the cockpit.
Hehehe I think maybe the guys in here know about shaving their legs more than we do? Since they are posting more than we are lol
Me and Boo likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-18-2010
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Guys on soccer teams tend to shave their legs. It beats all hell out of ripping tape off hair!
Old 01-20-2010

sarafinadh is on a distinguished road
Oh this thread is Soooooo ripe for some serious chop bustin! Man, you guys just leave yourselves open for the easy shots!!

I am going to rise above it and resist the delicious temptation.

On shore waxing happens. Who ever said brazilian's are imaginary has no clue...

on board a good remedy would be similar to the earlier pumice suggestion or the facetious sand paper comments. I love this gizz;

No water at all and nice smooth results that grow out pretty soft. not as nice as a wax job, but way softer than a razor. and no burn. basically just really fine fine grit finishing sand paper on a flexible rubber gripper.

And tweezers do an excellent job on the very delicate areas that would not take well to abrading.... what I can't reach I just get help with....
; -}
i_amcdn likes this.

ain't what ya do, it's the way that ya do it...
Old 01-20-2010

Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice Maine Sail is just really nice
Two words... Laser Treatments!!! My wife has never been happier, so money well spent, and no shaving on-board or ever....
Thestar and i_amcdn like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

© Images In Posts Property of Compass Marine Inc.

Old 01-20-2010
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
"Laser Treatments!!!"
Ah, there you go! The answer to all those "How can I make money while cruising?" threads. Just bring the laser thingy and a big genset on board, and go around bringing peace and enlightenment to other boats!
Old 01-21-2010
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
I am not as nice as Sara is. Sorry just part of my nature. This post cracks me up first of all. Good subject but 98% of the posts are from the guys. I am definitely starting to worry about some of you. Your knowledge base is incredible. Have to admit, I learned a thing or two. Having said that as Lucy from Peanuts “Psychiatric Help 5˘” “The Doctor Is In,” cost of psychiatric help 5 cent."!
Some of you guys need to see me to discuss a few things!
A worried Sailorette
Catalina 445, Hull #90
Old 03-02-2010
Bluewater Cruiser Hunter

shayw is on a distinguished road
A lighter, the small ones. It burns off the hair and doesn't hurt. Weird but affective on the legs, haven't tried it on the under arms.
Old 03-02-2010

elkscout is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmorland86 View Post
I don't think using salt water in shaving your legs is a good Idea, salt water could make your skin sticky and it would be harder and difficult to shave. instead of using salt water, why not just bring with you a shaving cream, and just wash it after shaving, it wouldn't hurt to carry with you a little shaving cream before you board the boat, would it?
I think the thread originally started as a comparison of living on land w/out constraints to that aboard a boat, probably at sea was implied, w/ limited resources, particularly fresh water, as well as little storage.

I suppose you could wipe the shaving cream off with a towel, or even one of Ian's satin sheets.

A couple of others in this thread suggested salt water worked rather well. As far as water goes, it's often in the form hot water (on land) and used to heat the blade and precondition the face/skin, i.e. taking a hot steaming washcloth and applying it to the skin, which I believe was alluded to earlier in this thread

Last edited by elkscout; 03-02-2010 at 01:41 AM.
Old 09-24-2011
Jace2

Jace2 is on a distinguished road
Okay, here goes. I'll brace for the shocks.

I have a thing for hair. As far as I'm concerned, the women can go without shaving the underarms. The legs, well, calves only. I like hairy thighs . . . and, um . . . well, you get the picture.

Before you make me walk the plank, just think of the convenience, ladies. Your man likes you hairy. Unless you're stepping out on him, I would think it would be a dream. No?
Nurse4Sail likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 09-25-2011
Large Member

mdbee is on a distinguished road
"marketing"

"It began with the May,1915 edition of Harper’s Bazaar magazine that featured a model sporting the latest fashion. She wore a sleeveless evening gown that exposed, for the first time in fashion, her bare shoulders, and her (shaved) armpits. Shocking at first, this soon caught on. At the same time a marketing executive with the Wilkinson Sword Company, which made razor blades for men, designed a campaign to convince women that underarm hair was unfeminine. By 1917 the sales of razor blades doubled as women conformed to this feminine stereotype of shaving under their arms."

Shaving History « Fluffy Woman