Like Tree3Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2008

MMR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by teshannon View Post
For what it's worth I agree with Chuckles and TB on this.
EXCUSE ME...that's ADMIRAL Chuckles, buster!
Old 04-25-2008
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
I do recognize and appreciate the tone CD is trying set, tho - perhaps we can ask the moderator(s) to moderate out comments that are inappropriate or off-track? Oh yeah, and photoshops too.
Old 04-25-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
I am with TB/Chuckles etc. on this. BUT...I also think that guys should refrain from automatically jumping in here as they would on any other sub-forum. Rather than make a "ladies only" rule that I have no way to enforce anyway...I would suggest a "ladies first" attitude on the part of the guys here as a voluntary thing.
Eryka...we WILL in any case moderate aggressively here to keep threads civil and on track. Thanks for your comments.
Old 04-25-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMR View Post
EXCUSE ME...that's ADMIRAL Chuckles, buster!
Sir, who gave you that promotion? Pretty soon we'll have be seeing Admiral Giu.
Old 04-25-2008

MMR is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MMR
Quote:
MY HUSBAND DID.

He's a smart man.
Old 04-25-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
My wife is not, and will never be Admiral...I am the master and commander...she...she is my wife...and she rules on other things...we share admiralty on different subjects...
Old 04-25-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMR View Post
MY HUSBAND DID.

He's a smart man.
He is that in spite of his many other flaws. And for putting up with him I salute you admiral!
Old 04-25-2008
Señor Member

PorFin is on a distinguished road
At the risk of offending (which is not my intent) --

My vote's against trying to firewall this forum.

While I don't think that I've ever posted in this particular forum, I have often read and learned things here that probably wouldn't have broken squelch in another forum.

I kind of look at this not as a "women's forum" but more of a "pink forum" (as in the distinction between traditionally blue and pink chores aboard a boat.)

Now, I also find inappropriate comments -- well, inappropriate -- and usually look upon the poster as a boorish curr. After serving alongside women in uniform for many years, I've found that most women in general -- and here to be sure -- can often give as good as they get.
Old 04-25-2008

tjvanginkel is on a distinguished road
As a female member my response to this issue is that to have a forum where only one gender can respond is a reverse sexism that I do not agree with.
I understand why it is there, and think that it is a valuable tool, however to cut out say 90% (that is perhaps a conservative estimate of the gender gap here!) of possible responses to a question doesn't make sense to me.
I believe we are people first, sailors second, gender last and would like to see the forum open to all responders. Perhaps with guidelines in place if you feel that is necessary to encourage more women to participate.
Thanks to the moderators for taking so much of their time to keep the discussions happening. I learn alot from reading through the threads on various subjects and really appreciate this resource.
Regards, Tanya
Person, beginner sailor, woman
Old 04-25-2008
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
CD-
The dames can't have it both ways. If they want a "Ladies Only" section, then you MUST give them equality by putting up a "Boys Club" section where ladies are banned.

If you--or they--want equality, you can have separate but equal, or equal. But the one thing you cannot and must not do, is give women their own forum, while denying an equal enclave for men only. THAT would be sexist, no matter what the intent.

By the way, there are five human genders (male, female, anfd three hermaphrodite) so if there's a "women only" section, I want to see FOUR MORE sections that are gender specific, to accomodate each of the five natural human genders.

The trannies can argue it out elsewhere.

Meanwhile, I'm pushing for federal legislation to require five different gender bathrooms in all public buildings. I figure I'll make a fortune in plumbing supply stocks once I can get that one through Congress.[vbg]
Closed Thread