Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > herSailNet
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2008

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
The part of inserting my machoism in Giulietta I understood....

The part where my kids say I am gay...I did not understand
I'll be nice since getting in touch with their feminine side is not a common trait to Portagee herring fishers.

Alex, I thing PB meant when it comes to your children your soft heart shows, so we know you are not all that tough after all.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-28-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Ahhhhh

Thanks for explaining it to me....apparentely I am not worthy of PB's own explanantion.....
Old 04-28-2008

chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough chucklesR is a jewel in the rough
No Problem. I lived in Sicily for two years, and Sicilian fathers I suspect are not all that different from Portuguese.
Old 04-28-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Alex - you can't be macho and whine at the same time

Let me relate a little story of mine about sailing on Guilietta. I learned to snow ski at the age of 33 (kinda old for that stuff, but that's beside the point). The lift would go up past a place called Eagle Rock, a cliff face about, 30 feet or so high. We would watch people go off of there. I used to tell myself, "I can't wait till I'm good enough to do that." Well, the day came when I was good enough, and then I said, "WHY would I want to do that?"

I've pushed the envelope so many times, I got glue on my forehead, and when I look back, the main thing I remember is having to get that damn glue off my forehead!

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-28-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBzeer View Post
Alex - you can't be macho and whine at the same time

Let me relate a little story of mine about sailing on Guilietta. I learned to snow ski at the age of 33 (kinda old for that stuff, but that's beside the point). The lift would go up past a place called Eagle Rock, a cliff face about, 30 feet or so high. We would watch people go off of there. I used to tell myself, "I can't wait till I'm good enough to do that." Well, the day came when I was good enough, and then I said, "WHY would I want to do that?"

I've pushed the envelope so many times, I got glue on my forehead, and when I look back, the main thing I remember is having to get that damn glue off my forehead!

John...now that was funny!!!!

C'mon...come for the ride...at least come for the fish in Sines....

We let you drive...I swear....
Old 04-28-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Oh, and by the way, if any of you have wondered what I'd sound like when well lubricated ... today is the day. It's been blowing snot all day, and there ain't been much else to do but crank the tunes and suck the brews.

JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 04-28-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBzeer View Post
crank the tunes and suck the brews.
I don't know who the tunes are, but you shouldn't be sucking on their brews

This is HerSailnet....
Old 04-28-2008
Wandering Aimlessly

Your lack of familiarity with the American idiom is your saving grace

JCP

- Website & Blog

Old 05-12-2008
Vagabond in Training

Livia is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by merttan View Post
I was watching this show on brain research on Nat.Geo....
Sorry to go all "deep" in this thread without any photoshopping but a few things to remember:
- The examples you gave are behavior differences which are based on both genetic and environmental (socialized) factors and we don't know how much of both.
- There *are* brain differences between men and women but
1) they are very small compared to the similarities between men and women and the differences WITHIN each gender... which makes one wonder why people are so focused on them.
2) everything we experience is stored in our brain. "Things stored in our brain" must be done so by alterations to structures or neural connections or neurochemistry. So we don't know how much of any brain differences are genetic or environmental.

//
//
Old 05-12-2008

Livia,
the different methods of storing experiences doesn't explain why men remember " you can play cards with the boys all night " but forget to take out the trash on tuesdays.
Where as women will always remember what they wore when, but not where they put our screw drivers.