SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   herSailNet (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/hersailnet/)
-   -   The women of sailnet - Years sailing (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/hersailnet/43165-women-sailnet-years-sailing.html)

Livia 05-14-2008 05:08 PM

The women of sailnet - Years sailing

I think the polls in the admin thread could be fun, especially if tweaked (and including all possible options - we'll see if I can do that!).

So, who are the women of sailnet?

Melrna 05-15-2008 10:42 AM

Me! :p
Hopefully, proud owner of a Caliber 38 if the survey goes well next week.
Melissa

sailhagg 05-16-2008 09:24 PM

Me too! :)

locrian13 05-18-2008 09:22 PM

I haven't been on in a long while, but me too!

eryka 05-23-2008 08:10 AM

me too!
would've posted sooner but just back from a glorious week sailing the USVI and BVI (smirk smirk)

eryka 05-23-2008 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Melrna (Post 314766)
Me! :p
Hopefully, proud owner of a Caliber 38 if the survey goes well next week.
Melissa

Well? This post is a week old, so are congrats in order?

mrsadm 06-16-2008 07:00 AM

OK here's me, a relative newbie. Hubby and I sailed a day sailer (actually a racing boat, a Thistle) at barely controllable speeds during summers on a local lake, the past two years. We mostly avoided crash landings.

Last year we spent the entire season shopping for a bigger more comfortable boat (my minimum requirements were: a cabin and a head). We traveled around the northeast looking everywhere. He wanted a C&C for speed and I wanted a Catalina for easy sailing. Finally we settled on a Catalina 27 that was already at our local lake; no shipping expense or hassles needed.

So this year we are enjoying going out every day possible and I am actually sailing the boat myself. It's enormous fun!

kymbie 07-09-2008 05:50 PM

Sorry I'm a bit late joining this thread.....

Me and my husband just bought (last week) a 1984 Spindrift 43 that we plan to restore and then take on a 9 month trip from Texas back to the UK. This is the first boat that we have owned so it's a really exciting time at the moment, although the work ahead is a bit daunting!

deniseO30 07-09-2008 06:04 PM

Well, 2 yrs ago I sold my hunter 23, and bought my Oday 30, my son was sure I bought it "for him" meaning he thought it was my way to have more time with him. Actually that was not even part of my thinking process to get a 30ft or larger boat! Anyway the kid is 27,and is not staying with me now. I'm having a blast sailing my boat! I don't even think of asking people to come sailing anymore! having the mainsail set up for single handing from the cockpit helps allot. I do plan to take a solo trip to Chesepeake bay soon. I really want to hit cape may in October but that is doubtful.
fair winds ladies!

Gadagirl 07-13-2008 09:01 PM

I sailed between the ages of 14-22 aboard my fathersí boat in NJ and on the Chesapeake. Mostly weekends in the summer. Moved far away, and was then land locked. About the age of 42, the urge to be on the water resurfaced in a most compelling way! So, for the past 5 years I have been getting out on the water as often as I can; reading, learning, and planning. My youngest graduates HS next spring so Iíll be free and clear to sell the house and pursue sailing more. Iím shaking off the rust and looking forward to future cruising! I find the women solo sailors to be very inspiring. Keep the reports and tales coming, I love reading them :)

Judy