Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > herSailNet
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2008

yawler is on a distinguished road
Magma Party Grill

Hi all. Anyone here finding there grill too small. I have one that I find to big for my small boat. Would love to sell or swap and have put an add in the classifieds with contact information. Just trying to cover all bases. On the old boat with the smaller Magma and having guests on board from other boats I often found my little grill too small, so I went for the larger one this time....
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-29-2008
Crazy Woman Boat Driver

Melrna will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Melrna Send a message via Yahoo to Melrna
I just bought the regular Magma Kettle 2 grill for my boat. Since I live alone on my boat it suits me just fine. It is good for 3 guest on board and I figure if I need to cook more on it, I will cook in shifts if need be or I will borrow the multitude of BBQ's from CD. What I found on the grill is the constant flare ups. I trim as much fat as possible but the flare ups are driving me crazy. As stated in earlier post if does cook faster than I am used too.
I am sure if you advertise your grill in the Marnia you will find a likely buyer. It is one of those things that every boater needs. Good luck
Melissa
Catalina 445, Hull #90
Old 09-05-2008

jimmalkin is on a distinguished road
Sorry to intrude on HerSailnet - but I was having flareups like Melissa especially with chicken on a Magma kettle 2 - wrote to them and got this reply (which is really only semi-helpful):

Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to email us.

We apologize for the difficulty you are having with your Magma Gas Grill.

Our grills do have a tendency to cook a little on the warm side.
The reason behind this is they are designed to withstand the elements, including wind. As you know, when grilling on your boat, there is a constant breeze and gusts of wind. Our control valves are set to a higher temperature range to prevent blow-outs from occurring. If we set the valves too low, blow-outs become a problem.

The skin on the chicken and oil-based marinades tend to cause flare-ups because of the grease. Below I have listed some tips to help you control flare-ups when using your Magma Grill:

Cook on the lower settings, unless you are searing steak or fish.

Try not to pre-heat. If you feel like you do have to pre-heat, don't do it for more than 1-2 minutes

Barbeque with the lid open

Barbeque with the leanest cuts of meat

Rotate food frequently

Use a spray bottle of water to control flare-ups

Stay away from Oil-based Marinades, they can cause flare-ups
We don't recommend covering the holes on the grill as they are needed to allow oxygen to circulate through the grill.

If none of the above recommendations work, you may choose to send your valve into us so we can lower the pressure to satisfy your needs. Lowering the temperature range of our valves is a bit complicated and needs to be handled by our factory.

If you are interested in sending your valve to us, please reply directly to this email to receive your Return Authorization Number.

I hope the above information was helpful.
Thank you again for your email and for choosing Magma Products. We look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,

Lezlye
Customer Service
Magma Products

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

White Rabbit
Vineyard Haven
Old 09-05-2008
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I have the Newport model on my boat...and think it was a great buy. Have it mounted so that it is tipped a bit outboard, so the hotdogs and sausage tend to roll to the back rather than off the front.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.