Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > herSailNet
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2003

wahine_toa is on a distinguished road
Women''''s Sailing Experiences

Here comes another student driver...watch out! I have recently been inspired to make a major life change and am ready to move my 7 year old son and myself onto to a boat that has not been purchased yet. Boy won''t the owners be surprised! (HAHA) I have no experience sailing a sailboat but did live on board an Army vessel for two years of my four year stint. (Yes, the ARMY does have boats!) I competed the Seaman course in the military and was a deck hand for the full four years. Is there any advice out there for me embarking on this new life?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 03-21-2003

fourknots is on a distinguished road

Tell us about your boat.
Old 03-22-2003

1of3 is on a distinguished road

sos: neophyte about to become full-time live aboard on 62'' schooner. any & all info (the good, the bad, the ugly)appreciated.
thnx
1 of 3
Old 03-18-2004

newuser is on a distinguished road

Hi Newuser, I am also a new user and this is my first message. Your message interested me because my husband and I would like to be living aboard our Hartley by the end of the year. We have some children that are interested in the idea and some who are not. I have not had much experience in sailing either. We have a blended family and a possible situation of my 13 year old girl and 16 year old boy may live with their father for a period of time while we sail and my husband''s 14 year old son coming with us, which brings up alot of schooling issues. Have you looked into this at all? We haven''t and I am abit concerned with the social aspect of it.We are heading off for a short stint to the Whitsundays at Easter 3 or 4 weeks with my husband and stepson. This will be interesting. Would love to hear from you and how your plans are progressing....Regards
Old 04-11-2004

fluffe is on a distinguished road

I live aboard a 54 ft steel ketch, and have done for the last 12 years. Sailing around the Papua New Guinea and the top end of Australia and Eastern Indonesia nad top of the Kimberleys.

I would be happy to correspond with anyone like minded and would be interested in finding a chat room for the sailing fraternity.

Old 05-05-2006

Seattle Women's Sailing is on a distinguished road
Seattle is looking for Women's Sailing Experiences

Seattle Women's Sailing Association meets the 1st Monday of each month. Our monthly meetings generally feature a speaker on a sailing topic. If you are visiting Seattle and have some sailing experience that you would enjoy sharing, please contact us through our website: www.swsa.com or swsaseattle@yahoo.com. Or you are certainly welcome to just come and join us for the fun of it.

Laura
Old 06-21-2006
Lady Pirate

Pirate's Booty is on a distinguished road
Wink Live aboard Ladies!

Hi, I just moved aboard a 36 foot Uniflite Yacht Home and would love some advice too. It is great to find a group of women like myself who love to be on the ocean.

I am particularly interested in converting the small front office space into a painting studio and learning to grow some herbs and vegetables on the top deck.

So, far I love this life having been raised on Catalina Island.

But, I still have a lot to figure out and would love any pointers!

-Abbi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pirate' s Booty
Old 09-15-2006
top of the morning to u

drewdunnrespect2006 is on a distinguished road
ladies divent worry

hi ladies you all all right because i am drew dunn and i live on my boat on the river tees and have doen since i was fourteen due to my mum and dad throwing me out beuse i hit my mum cos i was angy with her which i greatly regret and now would not dream of it now and have a great relation ship with her
were i live is the river tees in yorkshire england and i did live on a twenty one foot croby slooth but because my fionce bought it off me cos she wanted to join me living on the ocean in her own boat i now own a thirty 6 foot self made yacht by the guy who owns the marina were i am moored

by the way i am a fully trian yacht master and sail to the mediterrianian every summer so if you would like any advice please feel free to leave a message

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

rock on dude have a good en
Old 09-15-2006
Boat Lover

jswwrites is on a distinguished road
Navtron, I am bringing a Newport 33 up here at the end of the month (weather permitting). It's been my grandmother's boat since she bought it in 1983 new, and I spent a lot of time on it and on my dad's Morgan 30 until my early 20s. No sailing for a long time, although a lot of other boating! My grandmother (at 92!) has decided that the folks she sails with are too unsteady for it to be fun anymore (they are in their 80s), so she's given me the boat. I've raced it, gone to the Bahamas on it, up and down the southern ICW... I'm really hoping my family will enjoy it, as well, not being sailors YET.

I'll have to look at the Newport 30 icebox placement...I find the one on the 33 to be in a bad place, and have been trying to figure out how to redo it to be more accessible (I don't think kneeling on the stove and plunging headfirst into the icebox is a great plan...and I doubt I'll be growing anymore!). Have you converted yours to refrigeration, or is it still ice?

The voice of the sea speaks to the soul.
Kate Chopin
Old 09-15-2006
Boat Lover

jswwrites is on a distinguished road
newuser, we have homeschooled our 3 kids for 7 years. I've got a 19yo who graduated in 2005, a 14yo girl and a 10 yo boy, so I've done pretty much every level of school there is! Let me know if you have questions...happy to help!

The voice of the sea speaks to the soul.
Kate Chopin