Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > herSailNet
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2010

nhsail is on a distinguished road
I solved the problem of wife being shy to steer the Bermuda 40, by supporting her decision to buy a Merit 25 for Estuary racing. She's a bit shy of traffic, and has not figured out the tiller totally yet, but its her boat. So far I have been willing to take helm when asked, but soon, its going to be "your boat, you dock it"

S
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2010

sailor50 is on a distinguished road
That was funny!

There is only one Captain on a boat though - do you have issues?
Old 05-16-2010

CLucas is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to CLucas
Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
I love seeing my wife on the tiller. Of course, when she accidentally jibed in 25 knots while I was kneeling down into the lazarette and nearly broke my ribs with the mainsheet as it came across and slammed me into the tiller...she actually wanted to give it up....
Are you sure it was an accident? ...or was the "accident" her forgetting to yell, "Look hon, a submarine!" before throwing the tiller over. I'm just sayin'...
1977 Pearson 30 #995
~~~~~~_/) ~~~~~~
Old 05-16-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
....which should make some of you wonder why women boat owners seem to not have men onboard very often ..... (evil grin)

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-17-2010
Vagabond in Training

Livia is on a distinguished road
We so rarely hand steer while sailing that this doesn't come up auto pilot or wind vane - love em.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
//
//
Old 05-18-2010
48' wood S&S yawl

cormeum is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a larger version of the TV remote.
Old 05-18-2010
I don't discuss my member

zz4gta is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhsail View Post
I solved the problem of wife being shy to steer the Bermuda 40, by supporting her decision to buy a Merit 25 for Estuary racing.

S
Could not have bought a better boat.

Denise, where does this distain for male sailors come from? What kind of Neanderthals are you sailing with? Really? If you're sailing someone else's boat and they want to drive, its their boat, they can do what they wish. Just as if they're driving your boat and you want the helm, take it back, it's your boat. If they pout, tell em to HTFU and find another ride.

Personally, I really don't like driving, but people tend not to be as agressive in someone else's boat. Also on my boat the driver also does traveler, mainsheet, outhaul, and backstay adjustments and I just don't have crew capable of doing all that.

And the bit about the 240 guy driving a small boat w/ his <5' wife trimming, he's just an idiot. I don't know anyone who comes in the bottom 1/3 of hte fleet and is happy about it. Can't fix stupid.
Old 05-18-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
No disdain, I just made an effort to have discussion here on the forum. Why take the PO to task for that? I thought the replies so far are really informative and actually show there are considerate sailors.

Men can come on my boat! Hmmm....Lessee... cook, pull the anchor....read the charts.... do the shopping...

my current "project"!
Old 05-18-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Wife puts us in and out of slip, makes me jump to and from the dock, so if anyone slips, "I" get wet! I do most of the sail trim if DH'ing. Especially racing, she tillers, I handle sheets etc. If on a longer daysail, cruise to place etc, she likes to get the feel of the boat initially, then turns the tiller over to me. Takes over the tiller to tack or gybe, altho I can do this myself, easier with two of us!

Must be why I am referred to as the cabin boy, she the admiral! Even tho I have many many more miles/hrs of sailing than she, not to mention building two sailboats as a teen.........

Marty
Old 05-18-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

She's so very fortunate to have found you Marty!

my current "project"!