Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > herSailNet
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Denise,

Hope it is ok to say when racing crew, she is as far from the tiller as we can get her! Please note I said "WE" as in myself and crew! she does not steer that straight, gets to distracted when racing etc. anyway......enough of that eh! I end up being the tiller holder! we do MUCH better that way!

Marty
Old 05-18-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Well, we all know how competitive guys Marty, I'm sure she enjoys seeing you enjoy it so much.

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 05-18-2010

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Denise,
I should point out, one of my crew is my daughter, we now also have upon occasion one of my sons GF, and stillraining's daughter as joined us doing a sr class project. Altho out of those three women, the only one to sail with Sheryl is KT, ie my daughter! anyway, my twin sons are currently in France at a World Cup Boomarang throwing compitition. Richard won a local tourney in France last weekend, Daniel finished third, usually the placements are flipped. I think that was the first non 1st for Daniel since last summer US championship. Which he has won 2 or 3 times in the last 6-7 or so yrs. They did not know me as competitive until Sheryl and I bought the boat......now they know where the competitive spirit in them comes from......Both daughters and sons are reasonably competitive. unlike X............Sheryl is too, but or her, sailing is relaxing..............except on race days!lol
Old 05-18-2010

sailor50 is on a distinguished road
When we took our first cruise with my Father-in-law, he was headed straight to the rubble of the jetty. Having just paid for the survey, insurance, bottom job, etc., I wasn't comfortable with our position, I grabbed the helm, turned it hard over, and he didn't speak to me for months!!

He had many years of experience cruising and boat building but at 76, didn't judge the predicament.

My partner said I did the right thing!
Old 05-18-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Saved the day too I might add!

my current "project"!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 05-19-2010
Banned

eryka is on a distinguished road
It hasn't really come up for us. When we're sailing for fun, we take turns. When we're making for a destination, most of the work is done by the faithful "Baron Otto von Pilot" so neither of us steers. When docking, I usually helm and put the muscle on the bow: not to get wet if one of us has to jump to a dock, but to fend if necessary. And the ugly sexist truth is, if a girl is at the helm, any dockhands are far more forgiving of sloppy docking than if the guy is at the helm. WTF, but if they're so narrow minded about it, they deserve to be taken advantage of!
Old 05-19-2010
Move over Joan Rivers!

LOL I never thought of that Eryka!

my current "project"!
Old 05-20-2010

xxuxx is on a distinguished road
Talking LOL......Men!!!

This is why we don't have men aboard any more! Whether it's an offshore passage or bay sailing. Women together can and will get the job done, many times more efficiently and in a more tranquil manner than our counterparts. By the way, any women interested in sailing with us, PM me. We sail the Chesapeake.