Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > herSailNet
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree170Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012

Capt Len is on a distinguished road
Re: Why are the Ladies silent on Sailnet?

zeehag Sorry to hear that you hang around with poorly endowed males, intellectually or otherwise. I realize that sometimes it's pretty slim pickens and one has to lower ones standards.May I offer you my solution to this universal problem ? Wine ! It just makes others more interesting regardless of gender , lumped together or singly.
wingNwing likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 10-22-2012

JulieMor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
and , then, humor works, also.....
I worked in construction for almost four decades. I was often a foreman (woman). My first time was really tough. But I learned quickly. In time I realized never to take to heart anything the guys said. They are constantly jabbing one another and laughing while they do it. Take them seriously and they pounce like a lion. You have to be able to take it as well as give it. When I did, I gained their respect.

I knew I arrived when I was at the union hall one day looking for work. There was a big guy there who had once worked for me. No one messed with him. When it was his turn to pick a job he said, "I'm waiting to see what job Julie is going to run. I want to work for her again." That was "WOW!" moment for me.
chef2sail, wingNwing and SloopJonB like this.
Old 10-27-2012
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road

wine only makes ye a wino.
i have reynauds disease--i do not drink. there are many things i do not do because of this stupid underlying condition. is all good-i have more fun than any 2 normal souls.

i read the " mission statement" of this hersailnet--we are supposed to be speaking of nail polish, hair nets, girlee stuff---sad to say, much of that crap i do not have on my boat as it befouls the pumps .... i do have nice shampoos and conditioners and i do wear my hair very long--is easier this way.....

but i do not usually talk about this kind of stuff. not all girlees are frilly , fussy prissies.
so--i willnot speak of nail polish or hair conditioners or wtf most girlees talk about. same with many ladies who sail. some are frilly fancy girlees, but no tmany. i have yet to encounter my second frilly gir out here--this is not an environment conducive to propogating frilly girlee stuff. nails break. hair frizzes. get over it and sail..LOL
i more try to figger out what the new noise in the bilges is , what is causing the fuel line to clog-is it dirty fuel or is it air--those things that are not subject matter for a proper lady to get into.
i do not use my presto pressure cooker in tropical areas. i do not cook in summer in tropix...

rodlmao--life is great!

so, do you think this bottom paint goes well with my interior????
bristol299bob likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41 and ericson 35mII
cruising tropical mexico at present, working my way southward

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-08-2013
The5thElement

leliu5th is on a distinguished road

Well since Atts n Latts shutdown I came back here only to see not much going on, and since I have moved from the mainland to Hawaii I have been enjoying myself so I really have not made time to get on the board here...Aloha to all and mahalo

Lori
Old 04-08-2013

there are a few ladies who post here almost reliably...mebbe semi reliably....
as far as that other forum--i didnt like the trolls they kept as pets.....

Old 04-08-2013
The5thElement

Aloha Zee, good to see your cruising around!
Old 04-08-2013

having a great life...is way too nice to stay in...

Old 04-08-2013
GennyWinch

dsullyec1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to dsullyec1

Where are you in HI? My cousin lives right outside of Hilo, on the big island...and my good friend lives on Kauai (sp?). Wherever you are, hope you're enjoying island life. I know it's quite different from living on a continent. We hope to sail there one of these days. Take care, and Aloha.

years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Mark Twain
Old 04-09-2013
The5thElement

Aloha friends, I am on Maui and living the life, just wish I could find crusising partners to help crew on their boat! Mahalo for your thoughts and prayers!

Lori
Old 04-12-2013

sailor wench is on a distinguished road

I haven't been on in a while but have posted on threads when I felt I had something valuable to add. I posted at length on one thread where someone was asking about the best way to go about moving aboard and maintaining the lifestyle....finances, logistics, etc., etc. and have given advice to "newbies" who are interested in sailing or who have purshased a boat and are learning to sail and have questions I feel I can answer intelligently. However, when I did post and gave my opinions, I did have a few men post after me, some in agreement with what I had said (and were friendly). However, there were two men who posted after me who did not agree with what I has said and were rather rude, to be quite honest. I think those two men may have felt threatened by a female who actually knows a thing or two about sailing/living aboard because of how they responded. Maybe I'm wrong but they could've disagreed with me without being flat out rude...we're all adults here. The posts from those two did, in fact, discourage me from posting anything further and is why I haven't been back on the site until now. I figured I would at least give the site another chance before I gave up on it because, as a live aboard, it's nice to be able to talk to others that are avid sailors or who live aboard themselves, to swap stories, ask/offer advice, etc. So, now that you've brought up the issue of women being silent, maybe I'll start making some noise again and see how it goes!