Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > herSailNet
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree170Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2013
The5thElement

leliu5th is on a distinguished road
Re: Why are the Ladies silent on Sailnet?

Right on sailor wench, screw those stupid men, they are so insecure and I really could care less about what they have to say or whine about! I go my own way alone without the BS they put forth! Sick of it already, I want to sail and have fun I am a good and kind person willing n able, but no drama in my Queendom!

Leliu

Aloha
sailor wench likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-13-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough

Here's the way I see it...

If you have an opinion...throw it out, then fight for it. It counts as much as anyone else's (male or female).

On the other hand...

If you simply must have polite agreement with those opinions or you get bent...well, we're sailors (male or female).

Ya know...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Old 04-13-2013

sawingknots is on a distinguished road

i've found sailnet is better in small doses......hi smack good to see you here
Old 04-13-2013
GennyWinch

dsullyec1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to dsullyec1

Sheesh! What a pain to have to experience that. You'd think that on a site like this, people would be less likely to be rude and negative...but I guess not. Too bad. Who needs that??
I wouldn't blame you for not participating anymore if that's the kind of feedback you get. Personally, being a woman, I love learning from women who've experienced what I'm getting ready to do. I understand women's perspectives easier than I do men's, usually. Not always, but usually. It's very nice to know there are women out there who have knowlegde in this area, and know how to share it. I hope you'll come back again. I'm new at this, never have even been on a sailboat until about 2 1/2 months ago. Am living on a 1983, S2-C11 sailboat. It's a racer, so isn't as broad as I would have preferred...but it's cozy. We're docked in Kemah, Texas, and now have to wait until the hurricane season is over before we go cruising. Too many things to fix on the boat before we take off.

How long have you been sailing? Do you live on a boat? Where? Where have you travelled?
Thanks for your post. I hope the men who do come on here will be polite, and interactive.
sailor wench likes this.

years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Mark Twain
Old 04-14-2013
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road

dsully---i took off before stuff got fixed and i find fixers on my way...
kemah?? had a friend with a s2 and a ericson who used to stay there--now is in louisiana..
i sailed out of louisiana for a near year, on a seidelmann 37--we just watched for anything gonna kill us--duckedinto places for hurrycames--ida passed over us, water up water down, wind over head..no big deal...we were in slidell then...
we waiting out pacific furycame season in golfo de mexico this year...for repairs.
wasonmy way to panama--will continue on that route when repairs are finished--found a good repair guy...

formosa 41 and ericson 35mII
cruising tropical mexico at present, working my way southward

Old 04-14-2013
GennyWinch

Hi Zee,

Nice to hear from you. You are such a brave woman. I am itching to get going, and so is my hubby, but the insurance company is making us take lessons before we go...an
expense that keeps putting us behind financially. (And a pain to have to wait around for). So, while we wait to get the ok from the insurance co., we're fixing things up on the boat. The v-berth hatch needs new adjusters, because the old ones are broken. We just ordered those. As it is, we're holding up the hatch with a box. (look a little bit like hillbillies). We want to clean the engine, change oil, filters, get new parts for it if needed, and need to get the Standing and Running rigging checked out, etc. Paul wants this all taken care of before we head out.

Did you sail directly across the gulf? We're contemplating that...but may do coastal cruising down to Isla Mujeres. So many people are telling us the gulf is a tricky place to sail because of all the underwater currents going every which way.

We know a couple here at the marina who have an S2...Dave and Debbie. Wonder if they're the ones you mentioned. They have a wind vane steering system on the back of their boat for rough seas. The last time they went across the gulf it was torrential...and miserable. They used the wind vane, but they were both sick as dogs from the wave action. She said she'd never go that way again. Yet another gulf story.

I love your boat...she's a beauty. Would love to see more pics of her. Are you on your way to Panama? That's the route we want to go...want to end up in Bahia de Caraquez in Ecuador, then maybe go over to the Galapagos.

Who is the good repair guy you found and where? We may need him when we finally get on our way.

Safe sailing and thanks for writing...

Diane

years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
Mark Twain
Old 04-14-2013

gom was fun--norge washer with attitude..sucks for a sloop, except during calmer weather but we had to go out in lightning storms and mayhem..lol...the seas poop ye nice and wet, and the flying fishies slap yer face and the norge is only on rinse cycle, dangit...cant wait to have my ketch there..will be a gas.
louis sold his last year i think, and his slip was for sale also--he took his ericson to louisiana and is there now.

i hold all my hatches up with a bit of wood. lol....

we didnt make it to mujeres but we did get to dry tortugas....awesome cool place. make sure your anchor is a bruce and that you have enough chain to keep it down. was difficult holding.

we harbor hopped--slidell to gom barrier islands--dont miss those--cool places and decent anchorages..icw -mississippi sound--alabama--mobile bay to icw and lulu's, and pensacola to gom to destin--way much current there for tidal flow but bridge is only 49 ft clearance--so you get to work with a realllly fast current.....we did many of the lil places to see in west fla--i loved apalachiacola and port st joe---my depth is way too deep for some of the stuff we did with a 4 1/2 ft keel....tampa bay and st petes and regatta pointe marina and stuff...ft myers beach, ueseppe island between with icw to ft myers beach..some awesome places....then ft myers beach to ft jefferson....some folks like to go to keys--i didnt want to go there....

if you need his help,i will let ye know--he is bashful, and i dont know where he wil end up--is a free spirit with attitude..lol goood boatwright, tho.

Last edited by zeehag; 04-14-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-17-2013

paradiselostparrot is on a distinguished road

Sailnet has the reputation of being hostile. I don't think women want the aggravation.
Old 04-17-2013

smack em back a tad and they dont mess with ye too much...but they dont often listen, unless your stuff is better than theirs...or you sail farther than they do or you did something dumber than them and didnt die or some thing testosterone influenced like that.....

my repair guy is awesome-- does excellent work, and will work for cheap--i wont tell ye his name, but ye can get it from me when you need him...or he will find you....he is good at that.
dsullyec1 likes this.

Last edited by zeehag; 04-17-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-17-2013
GennyWinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
smack em back a tad and they dont mess with ye too much...but they dont often listen, unless your stuff is better than theirs...or you sail farther than they do or you did something dumber than them and didnt die or some thing testosterone influenced like that.....

my repair guy is awesome-- does excellent work, and will work for cheap--i wont tell ye his name, but ye can get it from me when you need him...or he will find you....he is good at that.
I like your tude!

And I think that's fair..getting in touch with you first to let you know we need your repair guy. He sounds like a true find. Will contact you if we need him.

Mark Twain