Like Tree170Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2011
Large Member

mdbee is on a distinguished road
Men / Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrna View Post
Not to sure why we ladies don't post as often as we should but that is the reality of all bulletin boards on the internet. Like in real life we mostly listen, take notes and learn what we can. Once in while, when we contribute, choose the topic with great care in what we have to say. Most of us are not as bold as the other gender into entering discussions which may lead to arguments on how things should be right or wrong. Just the nature of the beast.
Interesting observation, so men and women are different? I wonder if I had said that, I might be branded sexist? I guess it just depends on the circumstances and maybe the level of testosterone??

I just think men like to shoot their mouths off more.
jameswilson29 likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-03-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdbee View Post
I just think men like to shoot their mouths off more.
Not only men.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 08-03-2011
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Perhaps the ladies are out sailing while the men are hunched over a keyboard?
L124C and flbkroxie like this.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Old 08-07-2011
Lies about her age

deniseO30 will become famous soon enough deniseO30 will become famous soon enough
Oh.. LOL bump it up

my current "project"!
Old 08-07-2011
Da Most Educated Red Neck

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
Sailing is so sexist that the ladies here feel too inferior to post?

They are treated rudely or not taken seriously?

Anything they say is invalidated?

OK to rant Ladies!
I thought it is quite the opposite. When female member posts, all guys jump into action and hope for a date. It does not matter if he is married and not. You can see the post counts.

Why ladies don't like to post because too many men with Hi-T are hitting on them. They are sick of tired of it. so they register with a guy name to protect the female identity ……. Oooops, I gave out my secrets.
GinAndIt likes this.

Fine Print:
I read, I think, and I act independently; I don't come here to win a popular contest on Sailnet, nor I am here for hookup. I come here to learn, be challenged and be inspired in the art of sailing the big Ponds. I am NOT afraid of drowning in the sea, but I am afraid of dying in a nursing home and burdening those who I love.
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Old 08-07-2011
Quirky

Sublime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
they register with a guy name to protect the female identity …….

I think this happens more often than people realize. Sad to say but guys don't take advice/help from women very well unless it's cooking or knitting or some other foo-foo girly task.

A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not why ships are built.

My girls:
1974 Alcort Minifish-Minifish
2001 Drascombe Lugger-Penelope
2004 Hunter 260-Miss Muffet
Old 08-07-2011
Both ends are pointy.

junkrig is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
I think this happens more often than people realize. Sad to say but guys don't take advice/help from women very well unless it's cooking or knitting or some other foo-foo girly task.
A guy wouldn't want to ignore advice from Denise or DR (or maybe some others) if they were holding a cast iron skillet for some foo foo girly task.
SVAuspicious likes this.

S/V Seablossom Nor'Sea 27 with modern junk rig.
Just because I like it.
Old 08-07-2011
Quirky

Sublime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkrig View Post
A guy wouldn't want to ignore advice from Denise or DR (or maybe some others) if they were holding a cast iron skillet for some foo foo girly task.

I know for a fact that e-cast iron skillets don't hurt nearly as bad as real cast iron skillets.

A ship in harbor is safe, but that's not why ships are built.

My girls:
1974 Alcort Minifish-Minifish
2001 Drascombe Lugger-Penelope
2004 Hunter 260-Miss Muffet
Old 08-07-2011
Both ends are pointy.

junkrig is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I know for a fact that e-cast iron skillets don't hurt nearly as bad as real cast iron skillets.
Harder to fry up fish in, too

S/V Seablossom Nor'Sea 27 with modern junk rig.
Just because I like it.
Old 08-08-2011
Da Most Educated Red Neck

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Men and women are created differently to serve the function of protecting the survival of species. However, in terms of intelligent and organization skills and focus, there are no difference. As matter of fact, women are likely to do better than men. They do it because necessity, simply women out live men by 10 to 25 years. Women learn and succeed.

I have the fortune to work with many capable and well trained female colleagues, I don't see any gender differences. In fact I hire many more female professionals than the male counterpart. When it comes to summer research internship job or part time job, I hire exclusively female students. I look for excellent SAT score and GPA (3.5 plus). The male students in general not as mature and less focused as female student. Just like everything else, there is always an exception. If they caught my eyes, they will be given an opportunity to prove themselves.

Likewise, there are a lot dumb peoples getting into our system, but it only take 30 sec to read their CV and cover letter to know what they have. A short phone interview will confirm that.

When I read the posts, I am color blind, gender blind, and religion blind. I care about the accuracy and merit of the post. One side note, I find it pathetic to see all grown men kissing up to the new lady posters. Some enjoy the flitting and attention, some just fade away because of it.

I hope Sailnet remains a sailing site, not for hooking up. There are plenty of these sites around.

Fine Print:
I read, I think, and I act independently; I don't come here to win a popular contest on Sailnet, nor I am here for hookup. I come here to learn, be challenged and be inspired in the art of sailing the big Ponds. I am NOT afraid of drowning in the sea, but I am afraid of dying in a nursing home and burdening those who I love.
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.