Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > herSailNet
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree170Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012

captflood is on a distinguished road
GREETINGS EARTHLINGS; Megga Star in the Big Boat World Dame Ellin McCarther. I sail on 72' sail-training vessel what the Lads do with BFI (brute Force and Ignarance) the Girrrrrrrls have to do the same with skill tecnique and it knows the macho out of the lads SO you go and show the lads how is done with finess and style GO SAFE .
helenwiley likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-21-2012
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
Simply having a herSailnet implies the ladies come here for reasons other than the men. And while there are certainly gender specific issues, by and large, they aren't one's you're going to discuss in an open forum anyway. So all it really does, is validate the stereotype.

One need not be a feminist, a Mama Grizzly, or any other label, to share and learn.
chef2sail and dacap06 like this.

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 01-21-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
Help me find the hisSailnet forum.
chef2sail likes this.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 01-22-2012
Superior Sailor

Squidd is on a distinguished road
yeah...we should have out own forum with a secret password and handshake and "no girlz allowed" sign so they can't come in and talk bad about us and hurt our feelings...
inshallamiami and chef2sail like this.
Old 01-22-2012

L124C is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by deniseO30 View Post
Sailing is so sexist that the ladies here feel too inferior to post?
They are treated rudely or not taken seriously?
Anything they say is invalidated?
OK to rant Ladies!
I (as a testosterone laden male), for one, have taken everything you, and every other member have had to say at face value. Gender was never and issue.

Last edited by L124C; 01-22-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Old 01-22-2012

helenwiley is on a distinguished road
Yes, I do feel better after the rant.

I don't think all men are chest-beating savages who run around raping and pillaging literally or figuratively.

The Battle of the Sexes has gone on as long as there have been two genders. We won't solve the problem here, but we can examine it as it relates to sailing. Women tend to be concerned with the ambience of sailing--those aspects that touch on the affective domain. Men tend to be more concerned with the engineering and physics of sailing. NOT that women don't concern themselves with matters of engineering and physics, survival may depend on those skills.

So with those ideas in mind, one would conclude that there won't be scores of women sailors posting on threads dealing with through the hull fittings or step by step instructions for priming a diesel fuel system. We know those are important and don't dismiss them, but we may be more interested in threads about pressure cookers and dealing with dampness why living aboard.

Cornucoipa Finnsailer 35
Savannah, GA
Old 01-22-2012

OlderandWiser is on a distinguished road
In case you have not noticed some men like to argue a point to death. We don't. I may offer an opinion but that's it. I do not want to get slapped down for it or have to defend it. I like the act of sailing. I like learning from others to become a better sailor or learn new techniques from men and women. Some of these boards can be a little intimidating for some of the ladies.
Old 01-22-2012

OlderandWiser is on a distinguished road
On another note. My husband does not sail so i wanted to meet fellow women sailors. I started up a women's sailing program at our sailing squadron. I have been shocked at the turn out. Close to 20 ladies have shown up. And new members are still joining. Most sail or help sail. All don't feel 100 percent confident. So
we are having fun and learning from each other. It's a riot that the guys are volunteering to help us. God bless them we love them but a few hours of laughs with the girls is good stuff.
Old 01-22-2012

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough
There is more than one male professional chef here that has discussed pressure cookers, many men that have asked about boat dampness and, I for one, count among many men interested in the ambiance of sailing.

I've never smacked a sailor down for their opinion, as a reference to their gender. I have, however, been told by a women poster here than my response was "male". The response she referenced, by the way, was one that suggested we NOT have gender differences in our perspective.

We are here to discuss sailing. There is no need to segregate mechanics in the Gear and Maintenance forum, instructors in Learn to Sail, or Jeanneau owners in the Jeanneau forum. I see no reason to segregate male and female either.
inshallamiami and chef2sail like this.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 01-22-2012

bljones has a spectacular aura about bljones has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
I for one, count among many men interested in the ambiance of sailing.
dude, I thought you were a chick.
chef2sail likes this.