Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2011

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Dave

Damn and here I thought that was a full moon
DRFerron likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-19-2011

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
Then again, locally there is a "shoot the moon" a 40' peterson 2 ton flat deck boat!
Old 08-22-2011

trlrtrsh is on a distinguished road
Milly, There is an Associatioi that you might want to look up. It's the "American Association for Nude Recreation". There is a lot of information about the nudist lifestyle, and covers a lot of the laws. As was mentioned earlier, there are ussualy no laws against nudity. There are laws against "Indecent Exposure" ie a flasher.
I live in the Delta Area here in Calif., and there are actually a couple of tour boats catering to nude recreation. I really like your comment that you are not worried about being seen, but don't want to offend. That pretty much sums up most peoples attitudes.
In last years Ba HaHa Rally, one crew vowed to sail the entire Rally nude, and was succesfull.
Out on a boat, it's your world. Look around at boats around you, and without binoculars or telescopes, how much of them can you make out. They have the same view of you that you do of them. They might be able to see that you are nude, but they aren't seeing private parts.
I have a public park near by that I hike and ride my bike nude in. The Rangers know me, and have told me that it was no problem, unless someone actually ask's me to cover up.
Old 08-22-2011

PJFORD is on a distinguished road
We're supposed to wear clothes?? Nobody told me!...
Old 08-22-2011
1968 Pearson Wanderer 30

ilikerust is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulinVictoria View Post
If people are offended by it, it's their problem not yours. In most civilised parts of the world, being nude in public isn't actually an offence (as in arrestable), as long as it is not deemed to be "sexual". So laying on a beach airing the twins is fine, but playing with them, perhaps not
I would not rely on this statement, as it is not correct, at least for much of the U.S. Of course, it's entirely possible you knew that and were indicating your belief the U.S. is not a civilized part of the world.

But in many, if not most, places in the U.S., being nude in public absolutely is an arrestable offense. It depends, however, on the specific wording of state and local statutes and ordinances. In some cases, "public indecency" or "public nudity" requires an intent or knowledge that others see you. If you're out in the middle of the Chesapeake Bay, miles from anyone and you're nude in the (if you'll excuse the expression) cockpit or on the foredeck, but there's nobody for miles around who might see, you, I'd wager you wouldn't have a problem.

But if you're a few hundred yards off-shore and some old lady peeking out to have a look at your boat with her binocs sees you, there's nothing saying she won't call the police and they won't pay you visit and tell you to cover up. I know of such cases that actually have happened. Because there are too many people who can't stand seeing someone else having fun that they disapprove of and who see it as their duty to put a stop to it.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do, than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
- Mark Twain
Old 08-22-2011

Lostmt is on a distinguished road
If you want to be nude go for it. I wont be offended unless you look like one of them WalMart photos that's floating around the internet.
DRFerron likes this.
Old 08-23-2011
Banned

WDS123 is on a distinguished road
Molly,

The mere fact you are asking the question in a mature manner suggests you are very capable of judging when it sensible to bare all.

Use your own fine judgement Molly and you will not offend
Old 08-24-2011
Much to learn...

Capt-T is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to Capt-T
Hmmm... I'm new to sailing and was already intrigued by the excitement of hoisting a sail in a strong wind... Little did I know there would be other advantages to joining this community!! ;-)
Old 11-30-2011

s/vchaser is on a distinguished road
Natural is not immoral! Who cares what anyone else will think? Do what is comfortable for you.
Old 11-30-2011

PJFORD is on a distinguished road
You already know this line; "If GOD meant us to wear clothes, we would have been born with them on". Last baby I helped deliver was all shiny and new and "buck naked".
Chris38 likes this.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.