Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > herSailNet
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2011

MillyWilliams is on a distinguished road
Sunbathing and Swimming

Just a question to fellow female sailors. Do any of you sunbathe or tan without full clothing? I am asking because there is a secluded spot around my location that is generally empty, and especially with September coming with little or no boat traffic I would like to tan and swim but dont want any legal, moral issues. I wouldnt flail myself around mid summer but i would like to go for a dip during the daytime. So far all my swimming has been done at night to avoid conflict.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 08-16-2011

Tim R. is on a distinguished road
And where is that location Milly??? ;-)

I can answer for my wife. We have adopted the cruising lifestyle which includes showering in the buff on the transom. While some may be offended by my appearance, my wife's body more than compensates for it. We do not sunbathe but we skinny dip every chance we get. I have some friends who have been known to hike naked. I think that most folks out in the country do not get easily offended by nudity. They appreciate nature of all forms.

Although, once I had a boat come into the anchorage very quickly with children on deck. I was soaping up and immediately jumped into the water until they passed. I don't think it would be considered flashing as I was already naked when they arrived.

We don't flaunt it and try to anchor or moor our boat in such a way to give some privacy.

Night swimming rules dictate no bathing suits.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-----------------------------------------------------
Old 08-16-2011

Thank you Rielly. Like I said there is less and less boat traffic as the summer winds down and it stays warm till October here. Im not looking flaunt myself, but would like to enjoy the sun and water without creating a scene. The spot I anchor at is a wildlife preserve and nature trail so there is hardly anyone ever there.
Old 08-17-2011
formerly posting as eryka

wingNwing is on a distinguished road
Milly, I think its really a question of local customs. When weather permits, the less we wear the happier we are any time we're somewhere secluded. If there's no one around to see you, no harm no foul, I think.

Although, there was once a lake where we were in a very quiet arm, settled in on a Thursday night. Friday morning I took my luscious naked swim followed by sun time. It was so much fun that next day I decided to do it again. Came out of the cove into the wider portion of the lake ... which was crowded with jetski and powerboat traffic for the weekend. Sometimes there are disadvantages to swimming in very clear water. :0

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Cinderella, CSY 33, Photo by Joe McCary

Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sidney J. Harris

Shameless self-promotion - my blog for the Annapolis Capital newspaper:
still has some glitches to be worked out. Until then, I'm posting at:
and
! And a new project:
Old 08-18-2011

LOL luckily the water here is a darker salt water, green in color. It isnt the fact of someone seeing me that worries me, it is the matter of offending someone that worries me!
Old 08-18-2011
Remember you're a womble

PaulinVictoria is on a distinguished road
If people are offended by it, it's their problem not yours. In most civilised parts of the world, being nude in public isn't actually an offence (as in arrestable), as long as it is not deemed to be "sexual". So laying on a beach airing the twins is fine, but playing with them, perhaps not

Old 08-19-2011

blt2ski will become famous soon enough
There is a "NUDE" beach per say near where our races start........unfortunately the wrong item is out for most of them.......daughter seems to think it is ok, the rest of us males, well, what can we say..........

so should someone say the "pics or it didn't happen" yet

Then again, I do not have an issue out in the nude. wife on other hand, even with the shades drawn, midnight........grrrrrrr........

Marty
Old 08-19-2011
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillyWilliams View Post
Just a question to fellow female sailors. Do any of you sunbathe or tan without full clothing?
We have been known to SAIL without full clothing (mid-week, no other boats around). And then there's John's nude 3:00 AM thunder and lightning deck dance...
SVAuspicious and BreakAwayFL like this.

Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 08-19-2011
High Desert Guy

Ziaduck is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
And then there's John's nude 3:00 AM thunder and lightning deck dance...
TMI!!! Haha!
Old 08-19-2011
Mermaid Hunter

SVAuspicious will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFerron View Post
We have been known to SAIL without full clothing (mid-week, no other boats around). And then there's John's nude 3:00 AM thunder and lightning deck dance...
Not to be confused with my 11pm nude glare at the late arriving boat anchoring too close.
wingNwing likes this.
beware "cut and paste" sailors.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.