SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   herSailNet (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/hersailnet/)
-   -   Unleashing Womens Potential in Blue Water Sailing (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/hersailnet/94977-unleashing-womens-potential-blue-water-sailing.html)

benjiwoodboat 12-14-2012 03:50 PM

Unleashing Womens Potential in Blue Water Sailing

Hi all --
Curious if anyone read the article by Teresa in Blue Water Sailing this month?

Melrna 12-15-2012 09:42 AM

Re: Unleashing Womens Potential in Blue Water Sailing

I have.

dsullyec1 12-25-2012 10:38 PM

Hi, I didn't read the article, but would like to. Is Blue Water Sailing a magazine? Or is it online?

My hubby and I are buying a boat and are going to be live-aboards, and I have so many questions and need a lot more experience and information. Am trying to read all the articles and books I can on living aboard. If anyone has tips they'd like to offer on subjects such as what clothing, what foods (and where to store it!!!), and what necessities are essential, I would appreciate any and all feedback.

Diane

Mirari 12-25-2012 11:05 PM

My subscription ran out, but from the title I'd like to suggest women looking for Blue water challenges look into doing the Bermuda 1-2 race this coming June. We generally get 1-3 women doing the race but it would be great to see more. Because it's a PHRF handicapped race there is everything from a Westsail 32 to Open 60s to the 21 foot mini transat boats competing. It's a great race down with a week of activities in Bermuda followed by a doublehanded race back. The entrance fee went up this year but it's still a fraction of what the other races to Bermuda want for an entry fee, plus you are getting two races with a few perks thrown in. Check out the web site: Bermuda One-Two

PCP 12-26-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsullyec1 (Post 966883)
Hi, I didn't read the article, but would like to. Is Blue Water Sailing a magazine? Or is it online?

My hubby and I are buying a boat and are going to be live-aboards, and I have so many questions and need a lot more experience and information. Am trying to read all the articles and books I can on living aboard. If anyone has tips they'd like to offer on subjects such as what clothing, what foods (and where to store it!!!), and what necessities are essential, I would appreciate any and all feedback.

Diane

Diane,

The magazine is this one:

CURRENT ISSUE | DECEMBER 2012 | BLUE WATER SAILING MAGAZINE | CRUISING, SAILING, BOAT REVIEWS, GEAR, CHARTERING | 888.800.SAIL

You can buy it on line and download a digital copy to the PC, here:

Blue Water Sailing | Dec-12 Back Issue for $6.99*| Zinio - The World's Largest Newsstand

Regards

Paulo

dsullyec1 12-26-2012 03:18 PM

Thanks so much, Paulo. I'll check the links you sent. Appreciate it!!

Livia 12-26-2012 07:29 PM

Can you give us non-subscribers a sense of the article?

PCP 12-26-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 967265)
Can you give us non-subscribers a sense of the article?

Not me:) I subscribe several magazines on Zinio but not that one. PM Melrna and I am sure she will do it, if by any chance she does not see your post.

Regards

Paulo

Livia 12-26-2012 08:20 PM

We are dirtbag cruisers - no magazines right now ;)

smackdaddy 12-26-2012 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 967297)
We are dirtbag cruisers - no magazines right now ;)

"Dirtbag Cruisers". I smell a great magazine right there.