Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Out There > herSailNet
 Not a Member? 

Like Tree233Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2013
snake charmer, cat herder

Location: refitting a formosa in exotic tropical locations....
zeehag is on a distinguished road
Re: Is Sailing Sexist?

sooooooo........who gets last word--i made mine as not to be last..lol... and i got a bite...

flowers to ye, minnie---

ladies-happy momms day today....and i didnt say it for may 10. momms day in mexico.....(i get 2 i am SPECIAL...lol)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

formosa 41, cruising tropics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-12-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

zeehag likes this.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 05-12-2013

too bad there isnt a flowers smiley..i like those...

Old 05-12-2013

Argyle38 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
as women have better reflexes than do men, have better eyesight than do most men, and the other lil things that make us special--and dont forget the weight lifting---men get guts from drinking--women get guts from carrying around big heavy things they push out into the world after 9 months....
and women can multitask, whereas most males cannot-----
Quote:
minnie--i am quoting medical journals...lol
And when "jameswilson29" said very similar things earlier in the thread, he had people jumping all over him. And his statements were far less provocative than these.

Is it only ok to quote medical journals when the results show an advantage to women?
Downeaster 38 #40

Old 05-12-2013

most males with high insecurity complex factors will find these bits of info problematic...rodlmao.

Old 05-13-2013

Argyle38 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
most males with high insecurity complex factors will find these bits of info problematic...rodlmao.
As do insecure females when they are told they are smaller, weaker and less aggressive, on average of course.
Downeaster 38 #40

Last edited by Argyle38; 05-13-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 05-15-2013
first sailed january 2008

northoceanbeach is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
How much more lighthearted were you hoping for than the smiley at the end of the sentence?
A smiley with a tongue. Maybe she thought you were tainting her.

What's laughable about smaller people getting smaller boats? Just because some woman are bigger most are not. If I weighed 300 pounds I would need a bigger boat, so I assume if I were shorter, a boat with 5'10" standing room would be comfortable but for someone 6' that's cramped.

Do most women not eat less? That's a good thing. I hate eating and storing and cooking on the boat so if you can get away with less that's good. It's all good actually. Smaller hosts are cheaper, easier to maneuver, less maintenance and tey still sail. You can do whatever you want on the right 32 footer as a 40 footer.

My dog is a corgi. She is short so she needs a smaller kennel than a lab.

This isn't about hither women can do in a boat what men can do, but whether they are held back from doing so by a boys club mentality which I do not think is too bad in sailing compared to maybe some other things.
Old 05-15-2013

northoceanbeach---you try cruising on a tiny under 40 ft boat...aint happening with me--i chose 41 ft as it is big enough for my maine coon cat and me..has 6'4 headroom and real sized beds... yummmmy teakwood interior and lots of room for stowing lots of food and water for a looong trip of over 20 miles lol.....
considering i make my passages over 200 miles in length,which takes me about 2 weeks on occasion, a tiny boat wouldnt do me much good, now, wood it....

the boat must fit the needs and purpose, not the size of the individual sailing her....
my 5'6 male friend sails a 85 ft schooner..by your reckoning, he should be sailing a 28 ft sloop...rodlmao.

argyle must be a male...rodlmao..

Old 05-15-2013

Minnewaska will become famous soon enough Minnewaska will become famous soon enough

Quote:
....i chose 41 ft as it is big enough for my maine coon cat and me....

argyle must be a male...rodlmao..
Not sure that counting the bowsprit is fair when calling out the point on whether a boat is big enough or too big inside. Doesn't the Formosa 41 have a LWL just over 30ft?

rodlmao? I know roflmao. Must be girl thing.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
Old 05-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Not sure that counting the bowsprit is fair when calling out the point on whether a boat is big enough or too big inside. Doesn't the Formosa 41 have a LWL just over 30ft?

rodlmao? I know roflmao. Must be girl thing.

rolling on DECK laughing my ass off??? i dont have floors..i am on board 24/7/365....rodlmao.

my boat may have only a 30 something foot waterl;ine but overall is just under 50 ft....bowsprit is only 7 ft overhang...lod is 40.9 ft. huge room inside and decent sailing ability -- is a perfect cruiser.
you shoul d do beter research on formosa/ct/hardin seawolf 41s....roDlmao.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.