Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Boat Builders Row > Hunter
 Not a Member? 

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2011

coxjam is on a distinguished road
Vision

Dave, thanks for the reply. I can't recall what the deck looks like, I'll check it out this weekend. My boat is 2.5 hours away. During the survey, the panel that sits over the steering pully cables was found to be water logged. Are there screws under there? I'm not really convinced that water is leaking from the side windows all the way to the aft cabin. I like your idea of the added bilge pump, I may try that. You put the bilge pump in the lazerrette compartment? or down into the locker just behind of the aft compartment? the wood all along my aft compartment primarily on the starboard side, is either rotted or water damaged.

I agree with you about the boats. I'm going to love this thing!! Once upon a time, I was stationed in Alameda, and San Diego. I would have loved to have sailed to Catalina. Maybe some day! How far south are you going?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2011

mikehradecky is on a distinguished road
Dave:

So glad to hear you have traveled so far in a Vision. It makes me feel so much more comfortable about my boat.

I had to track down a diesel leak last weekend. The fill hose too tank spout connection leaks when fuel is sloshed around or when we fill up. I have to cut some of the lazarette floor away to gain access to the connection.

Please keep us posted as to where you are. I will be checking back.

Sail on Sailor!

Mike
Old 05-16-2011

Coxjam:

I had some leaking into my starboard lazarette when I first bought the boat. It turns out the shore power cable wasn't allowing the cover to close all the way. I just train the cable up through the drain slot under the edge of the cover and it is dry as a popcorn fart now.

I did experience some other leakage in heavy weather right under the steering pedestal. All the control cables, electronic cables, etc are led through the pedestal through one hole into the aft stateroom. Water finds it's way through the pedestal and that hole for the cables. Not a problem at the marina when the canvas cover is on, but under way, it's a leaky area if it gets wet.

Mike
Old 05-16-2011

Leaks

Mike, thx for the info. My shore power cord enters the boat at the starboard aft compartment where the battery charger lives so that's not my source of leak. I am very suspicious of cables entering aft compartment as well as cockpit floor. I look forward to spending a weekend on the boat while raining. It may help find all the leaks
Old 05-16-2011

I haven't been aboard a 32. It sounds like the batteries and charger are in the way aft lockers on the sugar scoop. Am I correct?

On my 36, the sugar scoop lazarettes are for storage only. I keep life jackets and dingy floor, and that kind of crap in there.
Old 05-17-2011

sugar scoop

that is exactly right. on the port side is the battery boxes, the starboard side is the charger and space to store stuff like you do.
Old 10-10-2011

BJSoCal is on a distinguished road
I am seriously considering the Vision 36 as well. My plans would include local So Cal sailing, as well as sailing up north to Washington, Oregon, and possibly Canada. I would also like to sail south and enter the Gulf of Mexico at some point.

How is the 36 performing for you? I keep reading about the stayless mast not being very reliable.
Old 10-10-2011

We love our Vision 36. It's a 94, so a little long in the tooth with the normal maintenance issues.

What have you heard about the stayless mast? We have had zero problems. I retightened and sealed the bolts around the deck flange to stop a leak, but that is the only thing we have had to do with the mast.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.