Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2013

CheapsuitG is on a distinguished road
Pleased to meet you

My name is Chris and I enjoy the feel of cheap suits. Nothing says success like polyester. Actually the nice name came from a cohort many years ago, he gave all his groomsmen comical nicknames and that was mine.

Currently reside in Colorado, although someday hope to move. As native, the grass always seems greener. Grew up sailing with my family on an international 470. Not the most family friendly boat, but we had a blast. Then life got in the way, as it does, haven't really been on a sailboat since. There was a brief windsurfing phase but work schedule prohibited me from joining the local group. It wash't until last October on my honeymoon in Bora Bora that the idea of sailing came to the forefront. We were on our over water bungalow, enjoying a sunset and a catamaran came and parked 50 yards away with a better view of the sunset we had in our pricy room. After the sun had set, I started to smell some delicious steaks being grilled. At that point I started day dreaming about what I could do with a sailboat. Researching and planning our next major adventure as a trip to the BVI renting a boat and sailing the Caribbean.

While all of this was happening, I found my way off the RV lot selling, into an office working for a custom manufacture. That meant a steady paycheck and bankers hours. After 10 years, it's been quite an eye opener. Saturdays are the greatest day of the week.

What I am looking to accomplish by the end of summer is a decent boat (have all ready got some great advice here), some sails under my belt and a game plan on refinishing the interior of what ever boat we choose. Another positive part of working at a custom RV manufacturer! Colorado is not known for it's sailing but if I can sail confidently in zero to gusty to zero winds, I think I can sail anywhere. That and it gets my wife and I out on the water, even if we just motor.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-03-2013
Asleep at the wheel

jimgo is on a distinguished road
Re: Pleased to meet you

Welcome aboard. You've found a great site with some wonderful people who are very happy to share whatever knowledge they have (and some have incredible amounts of knowledge). What you have to learn here is that sometimes you need a thick skin, but that for the most part, everyone means well. There is also often more than one answer to any question you may ask, though some don't agree. Their answer is right from their perspective and in their situation. You'll ultimately have to decide if its also right for you.

Of course, none of that applies to my answers...they are gospel.

Again, welcome aboard!
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook