Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2013

alechich is on a distinguished road
Re: Re- introducing myself

Thanks Jeff, appreciate the comments.
I don't know what forum I should have posted on, looked around the site for a while to figure out where to post. First I tried to do a chat, and had to invite a bunch of people that were on, but that wasn't really what I wanted because I wanted to post a thank you to Sailnet for the previous help also.
Thanks again.
34crealock likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-27-2013
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

alechich,

Feel free to use the General Discussion (Sailing Related) forum to post new threads about anything sailing related. Don't be afraid to start a new thread. If one of the moderators sees that it should be in a different forum, we'll move it, no biggie.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 08-27-2013

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about

Don't worry about this too much. We promise that it won't stay on your permanent record, at least not for too long....

I would think that your post might have warranted a new thread in 'General Discussion (Sailing Related).' There used to be a thread called something like 'Great sails' but I did not notice it.

Jeff

Curmudgeon at Large- and rhinestone in the rough, sailing my Farr 11.6 on the Chesapeake Bay and part-time purveyor of marine supplies
Old 08-27-2013

LaurenceU is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to LaurenceU

1. Perth, Western Australia
2. Adriatic Sea

I sail my Spacesailer 24 out of RPYC, Crawley in a Western Australia. I have raced and cruised Maggie May for about 18 years in the region mostly on the Swan river estuary, Fremantle, Rottnest and Garden Islands.

Recently I purchased a share of Seasmith a Bavaria 42Match which is now berthed in Dubrovnik. In July, Chris ( part owner), Jen, Kerry and I sailed her from Crete via Cyclades, Athens, Corinth, Levkas and Corfu to Dubrovnik. Kerry and I cruised some of the wonderful Croatian Islands travelling on to Split. Kerry flew back to work in Perth and my son Riley joined me for the cruise back to Dubrovnik.

Plan is to spend a couple of months each northern summer in the Adriatic with cruising options to Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Croatia and Italy. Back in Perth I still actively sail Maggie May for the rest of the time (we sail all year round).
Old 08-27-2013

LaurenceU is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to LaurenceU

sorry Capt La, I didn't mean to post this onto yr thread. Meant to be added to "Sailnet members around the world check-in"
Old 08-28-2013
Captain La

lsmoske is on a distinguished road

Well, you really did not say which model Beneteau she was. Could have had items such as a fixed 3 blade prop for cruising, loaded down for cruising, etc.. There are so many variables. It does sound like an Oceanis series which is primarily a bulb wing keel cruising boat, comfort first. With your rating you could look up other boats that you would like to run against. PHRF, does post a list of ratings for pretty much any boat out there. Capt La
Old 08-31-2013

alechich is on a distinguished road

Sorry also Capt La,
I went back to re-read your original post and saw you were talking about a Beneteau; I think it really didn't sync with me the first time I posted since I was just posting to what I thought sounded like a thread that just talked about sailing experiences. I certainly wasn't intending to dis your post or your boat! I always admired B's in the Caribbean when I've seen them. I was a little exuberant I guess that my old boat could compete with some of the newer ones, even though I knew little about the B in question. Actually it is moored a few boats down from me and I saw later that it said "31" so I guess its a 31 foot Beneteau but don't other wise know the model. And as I stated this was on only one reach and have no idea what the result would be on other ones more into the wind.
Thanks for the info on rating and racing but I think I'm more of a cruiser and will probably only perhaps race an appropriate looking boat on a casual basis.
Fair winds.

BTW LawrenceU, enjoyed your post. My parents are from Croatian coast and I always wanted to sail around there.
AL