Been working every weekend on Cheers:
1. Got all thru-hulls removed. Still need to clean up the old caulk...probably silicon. Got new thru-hulls picked out and figured out the install (thanks SailNet).
2. Removed headliners in rear berths. Scraped old material off the inside. What a dirty, messy, dusty....job. Still need to remove the old glue. Got new headliner picked out at SailRite. May drive there one day to pick it out/up.
3. Sanded the keel down to the primer coat and grinded the rust spots. Want to remove the primer so a barrier coat can be put on. Removed old keel joint caulk. Thanks SailNet for the tips. Dirty, messy, filthy, dusty....
4. Sanded the old anti-fouling paint off the null. Was told the old anti-fouling paint might be Pettit Vivid. My arms hurt so bad after that...did the whole hull in an 8 hour day. Holding the sander upside down, moving the ladder, light vacuum, cords....dirty, filthy, messy, dusty.....I'm just say'n. Plan to use the ablative/self polishing type anti-fouling paint.
5. I want to do some fun jobs!!!!! Got most of the really bad stuff done. Just need to do some touch up sanding and some clean up. Then can start coating and caulking. Temperature needs to come up though.
6. I plan to leave the headliner down until electronics are installed. It will make installation easier I think, since wiring is under the headliner.
PS....still love my boat and hate leaving her.
Dirty, messy, filthy, dusty...OK by me.