Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By LooseDiamond
  • 1 Post By poekey

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2014

Professor Longhair is on a distinguished road
G'day

Hello from a new member from Australia.

Relatively new to sailing, I had a Roberts Adventure 25 footer some years ago and about a year ago I purchased a 2004 model Beneteau 393. I haven't had much time to sail her far from the marina yet as I work four weeks on and one week off, she's my home for the week I'm off.

I have the two cabin version and really like the boat, as always there's a few things that need to be done here and there but that's what having a sailboat is about isn't it?

I divested myself of a wife a few years ago so I don't have that sea anchor holding me back, I plan to work a couple more years, pay for the boat and save a pile of cash and then go cruising.

I'm a member of a couple of motorcycle forums and I find them invaluable resources and often the source of a great laugh, I hope this one will be no different.

Cheers
Kev
Old 01-14-2014

LooseDiamond is on a distinguished road
Re: G'day

Welcome. Love the username! One hour away from his hometown Bogalusa LA.
SailingStNick likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
The Following User Says Thank You to LooseDiamond For This Useful Post:
Professor Longhair (01-14-2014)
Old 01-14-2014
Eddie Poekey

poekey is on a distinguished road

Welcome Professor, See you at Tipitina's. Me, I just joined the net today. Catch you around the forums. Bon chance. Eddie
SailingStNick likes this.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 01-14-2014
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to Sailnet, Kev.

Bundaberg is a cosy place to be parked and there are a few people around here not far from you (SimonV seems to sail past quite a bit).

Lots of stuff here already, but if you have any questions that need answering - ask away.
The Following User Says Thank You to Classic30 For This Useful Post:
Professor Longhair (01-14-2014)
Old 01-14-2014

Professor Longhair is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the warm welcome folks, I'll have plenty of questions, I'm sure. Right now I'm working hard to get the loan paid off and make the most of the one week in five I get on board.

There's plenty I don't know, I've never used a spinnaker for example so at some stage I'll be asking for help there. But I'm at work right now and will ask those things when I'm back on board in a few weeks time.

Cheers