Sailnet Members from around the world check-in please. - Page 313 - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2013
dawnssong4u

dawnssong4u is on a distinguished road
Red face Re: Sailnet Members from around the world check-in please.

dawn.. literally.. all over.. currently in NC next week should find me at farm in Oklahoma and then southern to northern.. CA.. within next few months.. Singapore.. looking for my first sailboat.. looking at 27-40' range rigged for single hand /solo sailing capable.. tons of varying watercraft powerboats small fishing to 30 plus foot ski, wake boarding, ocean cruising/off shore deep sea fishing.. white water kayaking.. jet skis etc.. fresh to salt, lake, river and sea experience..

I find it rather complicated to explain me.. so
I was conceived in Palm Springs, Ca.. (my father, a famous Trumpet player, international jazz musician from Singapore .. met and married my mother who was singing with a group that opened dot The Monkees.. she didn't want to go on European leg of my dads tour.. so she went back to her home state of NC.. where she pursed/followed her other loves.. passions.. Horses, Medicine.. to much to list.. but horses where a huge part of my life still are..) mom was in middle of week plus horse show.. showed day I was born.. and returned day after.. I won first horse show at age 2, was breaking, training riding bush track races by age 8.. grew up 48 states (horse, race horses) Singapore when first met my father lived there for over a year in early 80's.. went to over 30+ schools k-12 and skipped 2.5 grades.. WITH all the constant moving, change etc.. I spent the majority of my life in the horse industry.. but have done everything from but not limited to.. ; framing houses, flooring, to BLET, EMS, ASE certified mechanic.. to singing songwriting.. drawing, writing, painting etc. I have an immense love as well as respect for knowledge / learning preferably hands on.. I say all this bc I am adventurous STILL .. I will try/do anything.. (never "half-a**) I believe anything doing.. is worth doing right.. I also believe in common sense and thorough preparedness.. and then some. I kinda take most things to the extreme.. lol all that being said.. I plan on sailing anywhere, everywhere I possibly can as my knowledge, ability and experience grows.. guess you can see I get wordy too.. so Hi all! I look forward to meeting, make friends/acquaintances even if at first only cyber-ly.. who live love breath sailing! learning and enjoying great stories / yarns! if u wanna know more about me.. I'm not shy.. nor easily offended.. Ask. u can also find me on the net.. google search: dawn Bigelow singer songwriter .. and or dawnssong4u .. that's me.. And invictusboodstock is work / horses
till then. all my best to all, always, dawn Bigelow aka dawnssong4u
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 08-26-2013
grumpy old man

bobperry will become famous soon enough
Re: Sailnet Members from around the world check-in please.

Dawn, did you forget " leaps tall buildings"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bob's Blog ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Please also visit my new web site
Old 08-26-2013
Future Catamaran Owner

OziDude is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnssong4u View Post
dawn.. literally.. all over.. currently in NC next week should find me at farm in Oklahoma and then southern to northern.. CA.. within next few months.. Singapore.. looking for my first sailboat.. looking at 27-40' range rigged for single hand /solo sailing capable.. tons of varying watercraft powerboats small fishing to 30 plus foot ski, wake boarding, ocean cruising/off shore deep sea fishing.. white water kayaking.. jet skis etc.. fresh to salt, lake, river and sea experience..

I find it rather complicated to explain me.. so
I was conceived in Palm Springs, Ca.. (my father, a famous Trumpet player, international jazz musician from Singapore .. met and married my mother who was singing with a group that opened dot The Monkees.. she didn't want to go on European leg of my dads tour.. so she went back to her home state of NC.. where she pursed/followed her other loves.. passions.. Horses, Medicine.. to much to list.. but horses where a huge part of my life still are..) mom was in middle of week plus horse show.. showed day I was born.. and returned day after.. I won first horse show at age 2, was breaking, training riding bush track races by age 8.. grew up 48 states (horse, race horses) Singapore when first met my father lived there for over a year in early 80's.. went to over 30+ schools k-12 and skipped 2.5 grades.. WITH all the constant moving, change etc.. I spent the majority of my life in the horse industry.. but have done everything from but not limited to.. ; framing houses, flooring, to BLET, EMS, ASE certified mechanic.. to singing songwriting.. drawing, writing, painting etc. I have an immense love as well as respect for knowledge / learning preferably hands on.. I say all this bc I am adventurous STILL .. I will try/do anything.. (never "half-a**) I believe anything doing.. is worth doing right.. I also believe in common sense and thorough preparedness.. and then some. I kinda take most things to the extreme.. lol all that being said.. I plan on sailing anywhere, everywhere I possibly can as my knowledge, ability and experience grows.. guess you can see I get wordy too.. so Hi all! I look forward to meeting, make friends/acquaintances even if at first only cyber-ly.. who live love breath sailing! learning and enjoying great stories / yarns! if u wanna know more about me.. I'm not shy.. nor easily offended.. Ask. u can also find me on the net.. google search: dawn Bigelow singer songwriter .. and or dawnssong4u .. that's me.. And invictusboodstock is work / horses
till then. all my best to all, always, dawn Bigelow aka dawnssong4u
Welcome Dawn....what a great introduction.I look forward to hearing about your progress. If you are ever making your way to the land "Downunder" give us a shout.

OziDude
dawnssong4u likes this.
dawnssong4u (08-26-2013)
Old 08-27-2013

dave c is on a distinguished road
Sailnet Members from around the world check-in please.

Dave from Plantation, Florida for now. Boat is 26 Westerly that was wrecked and now up for sale, now looking for 34 Irwin Citation or 34 Tartan to cruise Florida, Bahamas and maybe beyond!
dawnssong4u likes this.
Old 08-28-2013

LaurenceU is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to LaurenceU

1. Perth, Western Australia
2. Adriatic Sea

I sail my Spacesailer 24 out of RPYC, Crawley in a Western Australia. I have raced and cruised Maggie May for about 18 years in the region mostly on the Swan river estuary, Fremantle, Rottnest and Garden Islands.

Recently I purchased a share of "Seasmith", a Bavaria 42 Match which is now berthed in Dubrovnik. In July, Chris ( part owner), Jen, Kerry and I sailed her from Crete via Cyclades, Athens, Corinth, Levkas and Corfu to Dubrovnik. Kerry and I cruised some of the wonderful Croatian Islands travelling on to Split. Kerry flew back to work in Perth and my son Riley joined me for the cruise back to Dubrovnik.

Plan is to spend a couple of months each northern summer in the Adriatic with cruising options to Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Croatia and Italy. Back in Perth I still actively sail "Maggie May"for the rest of the time (we sail all year round).
OziDude and BenMerc like this.
Old 08-28-2013
relatively new to sailing

robert lawson-smith is on a distinguished road

will sail from reigate in uk to st petersberge in Russia during May 2014 may need some assist on my seamaster Kestral 22 for the trip
Old 08-28-2013
relatively new to sailing

robert lawson-smith is on a distinguished road

going to take her out for the winter so that i can get those jobs that need doing but cant as i keep sailing. So have to take her out to do the jobs. She is currently on the Thames near to Henley
Old 09-07-2013

Gracious Lady is on a distinguished road

Kevin Mills
1967 Chinook 34
Richmond Yacht Club
Pt. Richmond, Ca
Old 09-09-2013

tiMoun is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to tiMoun Send a message via Yahoo to tiMoun Send a message via Skype™ to tiMoun

San Francisco Bay
Old 09-12-2013

Knot Flying is on a distinguished road

Savannah Georgia and coastal waters