SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailnet Members from around the world Please say Hi!

2M views 4K replies 3K participants last post by  setsail 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Please post a reply in this thread with your cruising area. It's always nice to see where SailNet members are located!

#2,356 ·
new to sailing but old at boat racing (power)

Hello Guys.
I just bought a 1980 watkins 27,to be my first official sailboat , theres always a lot of work for a marine mecanic. And now Im building a platform at the stern for boarding and moving stuff and playing with my grandsons.Any ideas?

#2,359 ·
Do you need a 52' catamaran for slize of expences?

Hi everyone. I'm new member of sailnet from Sydney Australia.

I have just purchased unfinished project "Simpson 52" catamaran 2004 year model (two hulls and bridge deck). At this stage, the top section and interior can have any modern changes according to last world design concepts. Moreover, the mould can be taken from existing hulls and from the top to produce another copy or two. Finally, I am interesting to find 1 or 2 persons who want to have a new modern style custom-made 52' catamaran. Such team of 2 or 3 people can share building expenses and possible some jobs to have quicker results.

Thank you.

#2,362 ·
May 15th to May 30 on Macgregor M26 offering two week boat preparation and sailing skills class Cost 1 person $750.00
2nd individual $250.00 each plus food and fuel.
Offered by former USCG Master skipper Offshore Capt. Bob
Prerequisite for skin diviing section, swim 200 yds float 15 minuets.
Miami/Bahamas

#2,364 ·
Beach Music

My wife and I sail a 2007 Beneteau 423. It is docked at Greers Ferry Lake AR, near LIttle Rock. Our retirementment plan includes cruising from the east coast through the islands in the Caribbean. I have had to replace fuel injectors already, with only 109 hours on the engine. I now have a problem with starting the engine. Turn key, exaust fan comes on but the starter will not engage. Possible fuse or wiring problem. Has anyone had similar problems?

#2,375 ·
Hello from Okinawa Japan

Hello, All.

I am in Japan again, not sailing tho. I am deployed again. Heading home to Cali soon. I am also pending orders, so I may get reassigned from Cali to Buffalo, NY, Bossier City LA (near Shreveport), or Parris Island SC. No matter where I end up, I still plan on getting my first boat. I will be here alot more once I purchase a boat. Will gladly supply beer and food for sailing lessons once ready.

Bill USMC

#2,376 · (Edited)
Mediterranean waters

Hello all,

Brand new to this community talking about my sailing waters. After the channel tunnel and a taste of the atlantic and sailing a bit in Durban - South Africa I now participate in the National racing cup and regatas in the Med and specifically in the Aegean Sea. I am building my boat and hoping one day to sail in the Bay of God's Wish and get to see why they call it so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.