SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailnet Members from around the world Please say Hi!

2M views 4K replies 3K participants last post by  setsail 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Please post a reply in this thread with your cruising area. It's always nice to see where SailNet members are located!

#3,261 ·
Checking in from Long Beach, CA; here for the last 30 or so years. During that time owned an Ericson 27, a Islander 36, a C&C Landfall 38 (partnership), and a Catalina 30 (partnership) in that order. Did the Ensenada race around 3 times in the early 2000s (the C&C) and did middling well considering the dumb stuff we did.
Before that bare-boated in BVIs, (Irwin 37), in Grenadines (big honking Moorings 52 luxury hotel with a mast) and finally in Greek Isles wisely using services of a hired local skipper.

Lived a few years in Hayward CA, sailing Rhodes 19 c/b, then moved up a little with an Albin Vega 27.

That's the sailing history to date. I am currently on the hard, but looking for a 33-34 sloop rigged 1985 or newer cruising boat. Sometime this summer (2014) I hope. No racing planned, just an old guy who loves the water that holds her up, and the wind that makes her go.

I would be glad to share my take on any of the above ex sweethearts.

#3,263 ·
Hi,

My name is Rex, my company is called Anchor Right Australia. Most of my boating incorporates parts of all coasts of Australia when I can find the time.

I am a manufacturer of new anchor designs, my first new design released some twenty two years ago, was the Sarca, Sand and Reef Combination Anchor anchor.

I hope to become a regular advertiser (please advise me on what I need to do to do this) on this forum and add input where I can.

Regards Rex

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.