SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Insurance

992 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  aquamanhf@aim.com 
#1 ·
I am an avid Boater thoughout FL/Bahamas/Turks&Caicos, if you ever have a question related to insurance, feel free to ask, as I am also a long time marine agent.
Boat based in Lauderdale in Fall, Southern Bahamas most the remainder of year, any cruising questions in Out Islands also welcome.

#3 ·
Hi Mr. Bradley,

I too am hunting insurance. Just beginning and am a full time cruiser. I am interested in damage or replacement insurance primarily for Florida, Bahamas so that I don't have to keep coming back up the Tenn Tom to Demopolis every year. I would like to go south this year and stay through next hurricane season.

Must I have a survey done for a policy. Right now I can't afford a haul out and surveyor fee.

The other thing is as a full time cruiser, everyone wants to know where home port is or as the idiot at boat us asked. Where do you keep the boat 51 weeks out of the year?? I said do you understand what full time cruising is? He had no clue. I hung up on him.

ANy advise, suggestions?

Harry on New House in Demopolis, Al.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.