SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Can a retired marine be a sailor?

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  scratchee 
#1 ·
Ok, I'm a Retired Marine. I did 2 years seaduty, but never gained any seamanship. But I just obtained a small sailboat, a 14' 1970 C-Lark. It was left out in the Central Oregon weather for over 6 years so all of the lines are rotted and all of the blocks are cracked and actually falling apart. I just received my new blocks for halyard and replaced those. Now I'm trying to figure out what blocks go where and what their job might be. Does anyone know how to do the running rigging on a small C-Lark?

#5 ·
Google and sailnet is your friend. After 10 post you can post some photos and these guys will tell you right quick. You'll get it figured out. Congratulations on becoming a seaman. Btw, there are a few threads here just for raising your post count.

#8 ·
Actually yes the marine insignia does have an anchor from an HTC ret. USN it is a seagull holding a beach ball with an anchor shoved up its arse:devil:2 boat:
( I have many years underway and am a golden shellback) first time was on the Bella wood

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.