First "real" boat - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 01-04-2016 Thread Starter

First "real" boat

Recently went into the 20+ range with the purchase of a c&c 25 appears to be hull 1 owened for a year now though I think I'll be mostly lurking for a while
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 01-04-2016
Owner 4knot sb.

Re: First "real" boat

Welcome... I wonder what constitutes a "real boat." Every time I think I finally got one, I feel like its the next one.

Either way, welcome to the insanity.

"Rum Line" a 1982, S2 7.9 - Production boat limit tester, blue-water bucket owner, with wine taste on a beer budget.
post #3 of 10 Old 01-04-2016
just ducky

real boat LOL

have fun

Don't blow air up my rear, be useful and blow it at the sails!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 10 Old 01-04-2016
Owner 4knot sb.

I'd argue his C&C 25 is more boat than my S2 7.9... certainly has more of a real galley.

"Rum Line" a 1982, S2 7.9 - Production boat limit tester, blue-water bucket owner, with wine taste on a beer budget.
post #5 of 10 Old 01-05-2016 Thread Starter

Galley is definitely there lol (new propane stove the ancient alcohol one went the way of the dodo and the galley sink isn't hooked up to the potable tank yet) so she's very much a work in progress bought her in Feb last year in NY sailed her up in July after some serious rigging and electrical work (from scratch there and it's still not done lol) no automatic bilge pump ... Yet... but I think I only needed to pump her 4 times the entire time Ive owned her very remarkably dry for a boat her age 1973..
post #6 of 10 Old 01-05-2016

Nice boat! I love mine. No plans on "upgrading", probably will die with my C&C 25. Mine is a 1976. Fits me and a couple dogs perfectly.
post #7 of 10 Old 01-05-2016 Thread Starter

So far we love her did a few overnights in kettle cove over to Martha's vineyard a couple times and block island once ran aground a few times off Nantucket
post #8 of 10 Old 01-06-2016

Nice boat, welcome to the forum. This is only my preference as a crusty old dude, not being a hater - You might get more interest in your posts if you write in complete sentences with periods. Easier to read than a "texting" style stream. Younger readers probably don't care. Let us know where you're sailing and what you're doing with your boat.
post #9 of 10 Old 01-13-2016 Thread Starter

Funcrew as to punctuation I'm trying to use, desperately the tablet I was given for Christmas its not that I don't want to use punctuation and grammar I can't get it to show up on the touch screen.. As far as using the boat she is currently on the hard across the harbor waiting on bottom paint a new outboard and seacocks ( her old ones being gate valves... Not to be trusted) and for my general usage of the boat near coastal regional cruising. Thinking about a dickenson diesel heater but will be starting a thread about that if I can't find one.

By the way a fart is only as old as its smell.... So you may be younger than you think lol
post #10 of 10 Old 01-13-2016 Thread Starter

Forgot to mention that most of my sailing happens around the coast of New England and in particular the south shore of Cape Cod, Nantucket to Block Island. Once and a while I do go beyond that New York to northern Maine but rarely

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.