Greetings from Micronesia - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 02-06-2016 Thread Starter
Harborless

Send a message via Skype™ to Smyrna
Greetings from Micronesia

Hello Sailnet,

It is a pleasure to join such an enthusiastic and knowledgeable community. I have been sailing many years and owned a few boats over the years as well. Currently I am on the island of Wedo in Chuuk State of the FSM. I am moving to America Samoa come June for two years. It was my hope that joining this site may put me in touch with sailors in the area I will be living. I would like to be considered for crew and I am also in the market for a vessel of my own. If anyone knows of any boats in the area (as far as Fiji to the West and Tahiti to the East) I would appreciate knowing.
Thank you for your time and help.
-Smyrna
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-06-2016
Beyond The Pale

Re: Greetings from Micronesia

I was just about to post about you, and suggest that you say something on "Introduce Yourself", when you went and did so.
Welcome. (I shall now throw that post away.)

We often hear the point of view of those that Travel where you Live; I would be interested in hearing from those that Live where they Travel.

¬Erindipity
post #3 of 4 Old 02-07-2016 Thread Starter
Harborless

Send a message via Skype™ to Smyrna

Hello Erin,

Thank you for your warm welcome. In regards to your comment I would not choose to flood a sailing forum about living in Micronesia. However, if any should ever wish to know such details I would be happy to provide them in a personal email or private message. I am going sailing outside Chuuk Lagoon this upcoming Sunday. It is a 47' Ketch rig. I will happily provide a write-up with some pictures.
Best regards,
-Smyrna

post #4 of 4 Old 02-07-2016
Daniel - Norsea 27

Welcome to the group. I was nearby in high school, in the Marshall Islands for a couple years in '95 and '96. First time I was on a sailboat and where I first got my interest in sailing.

Sounds like you got a good spot for sailing grounds.

Daniel
1981 Nor'sea 27,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
“Who is staring at the sea is already sailing a little.”
-Paul Carvel

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.