SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

New member with a Pearson 26 Louisville,KY

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  bletso 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I am a new member with a 1972 Pearson 26 in Louisville, Kentucky.
First adventures in sailing and I've read a lot of people cut their teeth on a Pearson sailboat. The previous owner did about 4 years ago. I'm from Florida and use to power boats and deep sea fishing in the Gulf Stream. But this is my first hand at sailing.

I've enjoyed reading a lot of the post here and hope I can get some good advice on my future plans with this boat. It's in great condition and has a trailer it's sitting on waiting for me to bring it home.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Got it home. Now first line of business for the winter overhaul is a hinge mast step. I'm looking at a Dwyer DH 2150
Heavy Duty Hinge
Stainless Steel, Top plate is 4" x 6-1/2", Bottom plate mounts to deck with four 5/16" bolts.
$83.30

Reactions: Donna_F
#5 ·
Got the boat home and now doing what I can during the winter to get her ready for Spring sailing. Any recommendations on bottom paint? It will be on the Ohio River in fresh water if you want to call it that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.