SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Landlocked in Illinois

655 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BigDog72 
#1 ·
Hello! I've been lurking here for a long time, finally signed up. I've wanted a sailboat for over twenty years, grew up with power boats, my brother had a Catalina 22 we sailed from time to time, and I've sailed a Snark here and there, so very little sailing experience, but I have a positive attitude and willingness to learn! I'm hoping to get a boat in the near future and take a few sailing courses.

Hope to learn lots more here,
Adam

#3 ·
Barquito,

I looked into Hoofers online, and it looked like membership was limited to students and Wisconsin residents. Did I read that wrong on their website? I'm just southeast of Rockford, and Madison is on my list of areas to check out for a sailboat. I've sailed on the Chain of Lakes in IL, and took my brothers Snark out on Pierce Lake, but neither are really suitable for sailing a keelboat. So I'm thinking Madison, Geneva Lake, or Lake Michigan. And Lake Geneva is crazy expensive for a slip.

Thanks for the reply!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.