SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hello new to SailNet

782 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Towguy 
#1 ·
Hello
I have lived within a mile of water my whole life.

I have never owned anything other than my canoe. I get on the water as often as possible but that is never enough. I'm 53 years old and I'm building a 14' Maine Peapod with a sail.

I'm going to get on the water as much as I can. As you know you can't beat the freedom that you feel when you're out there.

I'm also looking for a project boat, something in the 35' to 40' range.. I'm searching abandoned sailboats because all the money I have will go into and I supply the labor. Anyone seen anything in the north east.

#3 ·
Well, Craigslist always holds a few gems. I know of a boat yard that just chopped up a Tartan 34. He had a Craiglist ad for four boats for less than $500. I think he would have given away the boats to save the labor and disposal cost.
http://i.imgur.com/uElOsY2.jpg

#4 ·
My wife and I would like a boat to Sail away on. I couldn't afford to outright buy a 35' to 40' sailboat that doesn't need any work so if I can find an abandoned sailboat with good bones that deserves a second chance, I can do the work on it... I'm not looking for something that is so far gone that it will never make it back to the water. But something that needs some tlc

#8 · (Edited)
Welcome to sailnet,all the best in your search,I have seen some pretty cheap dingy type boats avalable,get out on the water quicker than building I think, also too bad your on the wrong side of the country..a real nice bayliner Buccaneer being given away in chiliwak, B C...a 32 ft er....Ralph. P.s. On kijijji. B.c.

#6 ·
Reactions: Rhapsody-NS27
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.