SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Standard Horizon WS50 Wind Instrument

7K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Edward Sucharda 
#1 ·
I know the ws50 is old and out of date but both wind strength and direction seem to work. My deliema is that I lack the manual on this instrument and particularly the calibration and linearization data. Anyone out there with a similiar unit?

#2 ·
Call SH and see if they have an old manual on hand, or one electronically. They are good to deal with. the number I have here at the house is714-827-7600. The manuals for my SH instruments are on the boat.

#3 ·
They should have a .pdf version of the manual available on their website. That's where I got the manual for my S/H speed/depth unit. If it isn't there, an e-mail to them should get you a copy by return e-mail, if available.

Welcome to StandardHorizon.com

#5 ·
Please email me and I will send you the manual for teh WS50 in PDF.
j.kennedy@vxstdusa.com

Thank you,

R. Jason Kennedy
Executive Vice President
Standard Horizon
714.827.7600 (office)
j.kennedy@vxstdusa.com
Welcome to StandardHorizon.com
Jason,

That is very nice of you to help like this. You normally don't see a manufacture post like this. When replacing things on the boat I will give Standard Horizon a good look. Thanks.

Welcome aboard to you and Catania.

#6 ·
Jason -- To echo what Dennis said above, thanks for posting here. I have your instruments, a 175C plotter and a Quest VHF radio on my boat. It's all good gear. I only wish you still made and marketed the instruments!

#7 ·
SailorMitch and Denby,

Thank you for your comments. I did not know how my post would be received. Sometimes people do not want to see manufactures on their websites. I am not here to sell anything just to make sure that Catania receives the WS50 manual he/she is looking for.

Jason

"Nothing takes to water like Standard Horizon"

#9 ·
Dear Sailers,
Looking for help regarding my Horizon CH50 Close-Hauled Instrument I found this posts in the SailNet community.
For my classic Blazer23 I want repair the CH50 as part of proper working system with WS50 and SL50 .
Can You please sent me Schematics & Drawings for the CH50?
Best regards from Poland .Edward
Water Boat Sailing Naval architecture Watercraft

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.