SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   Greetings All (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/41673-greetings-all.html)

wfahey 03-26-2008 12:16 AM

Greetings All

Hello

I am new to this forum and thought I would take a moment to introduce myself. I have recently returned to sailing after many years as a power boater and semi-pro bass fisherman. I purchased a Catalina 25 and sailed that for about 6 months before buying a Catalina 36 named Lucky. My girlfriend and I spend every Friday-Sunday on Canyon Lake. We also joined the Hill Country Yacht Club and have made many many friends.

Having been on other forums in the past, I am looking forward to comradarie of other people with like interests. I travel several times a month as part of my job and that has allowed me to meet many of the people on the forums. It is always great to put faces with names and enjoy a drink or dinner with new found friends.

Bill

Stillraining 03-26-2008 12:29 AM

Welcome Bill...Glad to see this new Into thread is getting used...

teshannon 03-26-2008 08:59 AM

Welcome Bill. You'll find this site very rewarding but it is addictive.

PBzeer 03-26-2008 09:31 AM

Welcome aboard Bill. Hope you enjoy your boat to the fullest.

Giulietta 03-26-2008 09:34 AM

Holla, I am Giulietta, I am a 35 YO girl from Chad.

I would love to meet you do you come to africa?

I am now finishing school and the Governement gave me this computer, that I share with the ministery of Energy, (we only have 3 computers here)...

I hate fake people and want World peace..my hobbies are:

Painting, reading romantic novels, flute playing and helping un-priveleged older people...

I enjoy honest people and love to stare at the stars..sailboats are a big dream of mine...

CAn I have your photo? Please?? we are very poor and our walls at the hut are covered with photos of sailnet sailors to keep us warm in the cold african nights...its been snowing a lot here, lately...please?? please?? Help warm my lonely cold heart, in these troublesome times....it's all I have

My name is Wanbite Ngu'huhng, Wassifet...

Thank you

teshannon 03-26-2008 09:48 AM

Bill,
No no no no no! The man is a bit daffy since he lost his throne in Portugal. Please don't send photos.

wfahey 03-26-2008 11:50 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Teshannon I know I was always on the fishing forums, they really can be addictive. And I take it I need to keep and eye on Giulietta?

Thanks again

denby 03-27-2008 12:16 AM

Welcome aboard Bill,

You will find a lot of knowledge here and fun. Giulietta is very knowledgeable and a very good sailor. He is our resident Portuguese and likes to have fun. Just don't post a photo unless you have a sense of humor.:D

Stillraining 03-27-2008 05:03 AM

You guys are always ruining the fun...

Quote:

Originally Posted by denby (Post 289730)
Welcome aboard Bill,

You will find a lot of knowledge here and fun. Giulietta is very knowledgeable and a very good sailor. He is our resident Portuguese and likes to have fun. Just don't post a photo unless you have a sense of humor.:D

artbyjody 03-27-2008 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wfahey (Post 289711)
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Teshannon I know I was always on the fishing forums, they really can be addictive. And I take it I need to keep and eye on Giulietta?

Thanks again

You catch G - the biggest tuna you ever get to brag about catching...