SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   I've Been Around (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/42115-ive-been-around.html)

chucklesR 04-09-2008 05:15 PM

I've Been Around

I've been around the block, but not the globe.
Gone eastward from the U.S. to Singapore and back, never been on a boat in the Pacific.
Did those trips on a Navy ship for 22 years.

I've been around sailnet for 6 months.
I've been around sailboats for 5 years. After retiring from the Navy (former USMC, former USAF) the Admiral and I hung around the blue ridge mountains where I grew up a couple years, then went sailing one day and found a hobby we both liked.
Bought a 1969 Grampian 26, sailed it all winter, gave it to a local youth sailing club the following spring and bought a 1986 Hunter 31. Did a couple bareboat BVI trips on catamarans, sold the Hunter and bought a brand new 2007 Gemini 105Mc Catamaran last May (2007).
We live and sail on the Magothy River, and mid to northern Chesapeake Bay near Annapolis Md.

Since I sail a Catamaran and most mono sailers think they are ugly, I have a ugly cat as a avatar, with my face photoshopped in by Giu (Alex).
For the rest, read the posts :)

Chuck

TrueBlue 04-09-2008 07:37 PM

Thataboutsumsitupinanutshell.

SimonV 04-18-2008 02:08 AM

I am glad to see the regulars are rolling out the welcome mat. So I say as well "Welcome aboard".

uspirate 04-18-2008 08:51 PM

STFU N00b :D

jrd22 04-18-2008 10:25 PM

Jaysus, Mary, and Joseph, that's a CAT! I thought it was a rat or a possum or something that hung around the nuclear plant too long. Although I can't say that I've ever seen a truly beautiful catamaran (there aren't that many up here in the PNW), compared to that they are a 10.
What do you say to raising the bar a bit on the beauty scale Chuckles?:p

John

denby 04-18-2008 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucklesR (Post 297802)
I've been around the block, but not the globe.
Gone eastward from the U.S. to Singapore and back, never been on a boat in the Pacific.
Did those trips on a Navy ship for 22 years.

I've been around sailnet for 6 months.
I've been around sailboats for 5 years. After retiring from the Navy (former USMC, former USAF) the Admiral and I hung around the blue ridge mountains where I grew up a couple years, then went sailing one day and found a hobby we both liked.
Bought a 1969 Grampian 26, sailed it all winter, gave it to a local youth sailing club the following spring and bought a 1986 Hunter 31. Did a couple bareboat BVI trips on catamarans, sold the Hunter and bought a brand new 2007 Gemini 105Mc Catamaran last May (2007).
We live and sail on the Magothy River, and mid to northern Chesapeake Bay near Annapolis Md.

Since I sail a Catamaran and most mono sailers think they are ugly, I have a ugly cat as a avatar, with my face photoshopped in by Giu (Alex).

Chuck

Are you sure thats a cat?:confused: Alex told me it was you.:D

JiffyLube 04-19-2008 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chucklesR (Post 297802)

Chuck

So that's what your avatar is!...lol

2Gringos 04-19-2008 02:59 AM

"Round round get around, I get around
round round get around, I get around.
I get around."

Brian Wilson