Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2008
New Sailor

SeattleSail is on a distinguished road
Would love to be sailing in Seattle

Hi,
I'm looking at buying a boat and have been cruising the forums for information when I had a thought "maybe I could find sailors who would like someone to crew around Seattle". I'm a librarian at the Seattle Public Library, have sailed some and own a small (14') sloop that I have dry docked at the Leschi marina. But I'm truly wanting to sail bigger, faster, more challenging boats. I only work part time so I have lots of free time during the week and every other weekend.
I'm happy to bring snacks and can make conversation with the best of 'em.
I'm really interested in learning how to chart a course, handle the mechanics of trailering (or not), learning how to maintain the boat and sails. My goal at this point is to be able to gunkhole in the San Juans and Gulf Islands and then who knows...
So, if anyone would like an extra hand for daysailing let me know.
I'm currently looking at boats in the 18-21' range, some trailerables and a couple with moorage (very difficult to find). If you have a boat you'd like to share, I might be interested in that as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 05-16-2008

artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice artbyjody is just really nice
Welcome to Sailnet. I am based out of Elliott Bay Marina - Usually I am on the boat if a project doesn't require me elsewhere. I sent you a email through the profile deal with contact information if you are interested. I'll be daysailing on Sat and Sun if interested..you are more than welcome to come along...

S/V "
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
" -
1983, Barberis Show 38! or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 05-16-2008

djodenda will become famous soon enough djodenda will become famous soon enough
Welcome to Sailnet!

You posted about 10 hours too late. You missed last nights dinner cruise. It was almost... warm!

I sail a Catalina 30 out of Edmonds. If you PM me with contact information, I'd be happy to take you sailing some time.

(Jody's boat is much more interesting than mine, but it's fun, nonetheless)

David

You may need a few more posts to PM me, but you can do that here!

1987 CS 36 Merlin "Kyrie"

"They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house. I'm not made of stone!" -Krusty the Clown
Old 05-16-2008
New Sailor

Great to hear from you both

Hi Jody and David,

Great to hear from both of you. These messages made my day (as well as this beautiful summer weather we're having today).
I wrote back to Jody but I'm not sure how to PM on this forum. I just wanted you to know, David, that I got your message and am really stoked to be able to go out sailing. You can write to me at : virago4sure AT gmail Dot com. Then I'll be able to reply with contact info.

Thanks again, both of you and I look forward to fair winds with you.

Best,
Carol
Old 05-16-2008
New Sailor

can't PM yet

Hi David,
I tried but of course I can't send a PM yet. But hopefully you'll see the message here. Or when I collect enough replies, I'll write you directly. Thanks again for your reply and I look forward to sailing...
Best,
Carol
Old 05-30-2008
New Sailor

asking for replies

hi all,
would some of you who look at this post a reply-just a hello would do-so that I can send messages from the forum. I'm really hoping to be able to communicate more efficiently when someone might need crew. Anyway, thanks to all who take a look and thanks for the replies.
Best,
Carol
Old 05-30-2008

djodenda will become famous soon enough djodenda will become famous soon enough
Carol:

Yep, I missed your post. Just post 10 more messages to this thread. They don't have to mean anything, just post them. You could be creative, but it's not important. Perhaps a sailing Haiku?

Anyway, get that taken care of and PM me or Jody. We'll help you out.

David

1987 CS 36 Merlin "Kyrie"

"They drove a dump truck full of money up to my house. I'm not made of stone!" -Krusty the Clown
Old 05-30-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Hi
--------------
Old 05-30-2008
On the hard

CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about CharlieCobra has a spectacular aura about
SeattleSail, I'm up in Anacortes (Skyline) and usually have a spot or two open every weekend. Jody can vouch for me.
Old 05-31-2008

PugetNewbie is on a distinguished road
Would also love to crew!!! (and hopefully learn more)

Hi everyone-

I just came across this website today and registered as soon as I saw this posting.

Me: I am a 26yr old guy who lives in Seattle and works for a small design/build company. So I would consider myself very physically able and a quick learner. I also have a younger brother that would also be interested in crewing.

My parents recently bought a 36' Islander that is moored at Shilshole marina. However, my parents still live in Michigan and they started sailing after I left for college. So, I never learned how to skipper large boats. I have sailed Hobies and crewed in a race or two but would love to learn a lot more.

I am pretty flexible on schedule and could contribute whatever necessary. I would also love to be able to share our boat with people that are kind enough to take me out.

I guess I will check back here for any responses. I'll also list my email address as well. Thanks so much. Cheers.

Kevin
kevin.svik@gmail.com

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.