Hello and PNW Slip Question - Page 2 - SailNet Community
Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 06-13-2008
I second the Everett recommendation. I just moved from there to Shilshole. I prefer Shilshole's proximity to the central sound and I recently moved west (hom e in Woodinville for sale, was easy drive to Everett), but if you're planning on spending time in San Juan's Everett is convenient. Oak Harbor might be another option for you if you're looking to live north.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
post #12 of 17 Old 06-13-2008
PA is in the rain shadow, granted the western most part of the shadow!

Squim is the dryest place in the state with 12" or some such amount, meanwhile 75 miles west on the ocean side, is one of the wettest rain fall ave of over 180"!

Personally, I do not believe that there is a "perfect" marina here in the sound. All are good, all have positives/negatives. Even Edmonds where David/dejoneda and I are at, has some negatives, not many, despite being the US or North america Marina of the year in 06! I did enjoy my time in everett, but, having my boat 10 min from me, even if Everett would have been a nicer marina, the hr to go ea way, in some cases, rules out the fact that it is nicer etc, of which, personally, I feel Edmonds is one of the nicer, cleaner marina's in the sound. BUT< it is NOT the best marina for everyone!

She drives me boat,
I drives me dinghy!
post #13 of 17 Old 06-17-2008
Welcom Bill & Ros,
We live in both Seattle (Ballard) and Port Townsend. If it were possible we'd live in Port Townsend full time but the commute to the office is a bit much for my hubby. So it's Seattle during the week and PT on the weekends. We keep our boat in Port Hadlock, a great little marina just down from PT. Port Hadlock is the next town over from PT. If you have any questions about Port Townsend, let me know.

Juli and Bill

SJ 28 "Troublemaker"
Tug Iver
post #14 of 17 Old 06-17-2008
Isn't there a small quasi-marina near Bow, WA? Anyone who lives there feel free to correct me. I just seem to remember seeing some sailboats moored whilst driving through.

Just FYI, but if anyone has any military ties - retiree, reservists, etc., I found out that the military marinas at both NAS Everett and NAS Whidbey Island charge $30.00 a month for boats up to 25 feet, which is about as cheap as one could expect (I think it was $1.00 extra per foot).

post #15 of 17 Old 07-10-2008
PNW Marinas

If you are still looking for marinas here in the Seattle area I found a website at marinas.com you might try looking at. Were you looking for one that allows liveaboards? Anyway, hope it helps!
post #16 of 17 Old 07-11-2008
Bellinghan's marina...

You should be sure to inquire not just about permanent, but also subleased or temp slips. That worked for us while we waited on a list in Bellingham. There are slips unused or awaiting maintenance that cannot be assigned but are available "month-to-month". We didn't want to be any where near the crazy Seattle/Everett traffic and are happy with our choice of Bellingham for both home and boat, but also like PT. Semiamoo and Blaine are losing services; PT has [lenty of marine services!
post #17 of 17 Old 07-19-2008
Smile Pleasant Harbor Marina Hood Canal

I have kept my Cascade 29 in Pleasant Harbor for the last 3 years, it has pool, hot tub, small deli and currently they ask $ 6.00/foot plus metered power for annual moorings. It is located about 35 miles south of Port Townnsend on US 101 at Brinnon, WA. The actual marina is a very protected cove off the west side of the Hood Canal.

SV Fy Lanken
1963 Cascade 29

The First Mate and I sailing in the San Juans.
1963 Cascade 29
Hoodsport, WA

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.