SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Hello from Texas!

776 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I'll just take a brief moment to introduce myself. My name is Robert, and I'm from Texas. I've been into sailing off and on for a few years, but never owned a boat of my own. I recently aquired a small dinghy(some little 13' boat with and enclosed hull. It's cat-rigged with no jib. The model name is Butterfly, forget the make), so I'm hoping to re-light the fire, so to speak. I havent taken it out on the water yet, it needs a few minor repairs before I put it in the water. Nothing major, it's just missing a grab rail(which I have) and a few missing rivets here and there. It also lacks an outhual. I may also do some minor modifications to the rigging here and there, like changing to a jam-cleat for the downhual instead of a standard horn cleat(I think that's what they are called).

so, I'll finish this introduction with a couple quick questions, and hope they get answered:

What would be the best style cleat to use for the outhaul and downhaul? I was thinking of using jamcleats for both, they are rather simple, and the boat isnt overly large, so they should work well.

Would it be a good idea to somehow fasten the daggerboard and tiller so they wont fall off the boat if I capsize it?

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.