SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/)
-   -   New Member: Rizzlenator (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/introduce-yourself/46190-new-member-rizzlenator.html)

sailortjk1 08-18-2008 01:49 PM

New Member: Rizzlenator

Everybody please help me welcome one of our newest members; Rizzlenator!

He is very shy, so I will take the liberty of introducing him myself.
He is a young sailor with many years of experience who has a lot to offer, especially when it comes to his father (aka Captain Rizzo) almost dropping him out of a bosun's chair.

He grew up sailing daysailors on the Finger Lakes of New York and now cruises on his Father's Irwin 32 out of South West Michigan.

He is currently working on driving his mother crazy as he practices doing wheelchair backflips. (Ok, I made that last part up) He is a great young man and one that I am happy to call a good friend.

camaraderie 08-18-2008 03:28 PM

Hey Riz...welcome. I think your dad got dropped on his head out of a bosun's chair once...so nothing like carrying on the family tradition!

pvenkat 08-18-2008 09:28 PM

Welcome!

Hello fellow sailor!
Welcome. I am new comer to this forum too. But this looks like a great place to hang out, learn and have fun.
Venkat

JohnRPollard 08-25-2008 02:53 PM

Welcome, Rizzlenator!!:)

We are all waiting to hear your side of the story -- the one where your father nearly dropped you from the bosun's chair! It will make for much more interesting reading than the "Solder or Crimp?" thread.:D :D

SailingFlorida 08-25-2008 04:55 PM

Welcome to the site and I agree we would like to hear you side of the story

rizzlenator 08-25-2008 05:42 PM

actually I never got dropped in the water...at least there are no fresh water sharks in Lake Michigan! (at least not to my knowledge)

captainrizzo 08-25-2008 05:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tim: If this is almost dropping the Rizzlenator out of the bosun's chair, then I am guilty as charged! Good to have Jamie aboard Sailnet (and Latigo)! He has come a long way from the daysailor days in NY!

Cam, I have to tell you I never was dropped on my head. I specialize in the fall-off-the-dock-and-whack-your-knees-and-drown-your-cell-phone department!

sailaway21 08-25-2008 09:56 PM

Rizzlenator!
Welcome! Your presence here is as welcome as your presence at 'Z' dock. Yes, someone has to be the designated adult and Tim needs to sleep sometime, so you're it. And even Tim chafes under the notion of maturity being a perpetual state of being.

I can think of no more appropriate question to begin your association with sailnet than the one I imagine you've proffered to your parents many times: If you love me as much as you say you do, why am I always at risk of drowning when around you? We at sailnet think this a perfectly reasonable line of inquiry without respect to the fact that it may be gratuitously divisive, incite animosity, disturb marital harmonies, and get Tim in a whole slew of trouble for starting the whole thing. We here at sailnet call such events entertainment.

Welcome on board!

Stillraining 08-25-2008 10:27 PM

Hey...That looks like a fun place to be on a beam reach...:p

captainrizzo 08-26-2008 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stillraining (Post 358599)
Hey...That looks like a fun place to be on a beam reach...:p

Fun on a beam reach, but just fun to watch on a jibe!