Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2008

midnightsailor is on a distinguished road
Greetings from Midnight sailor

I have been a sailnet member for several years and overthis time have enjoyed reading the post and have certainly learned alot from them. I am a wee bit computer shy and contributing my own posts has always been intimidating but I am finaaly getting over it. I sail a 1971 Contest 29 out of Greenport NY. As of this time ARTEMIS has been on the hard for the past couple of years while I slowly work on a totatl refit of the vessel from a stripped out hull. Since I work as a shipwright, I still have ample opportunity to go out sailing with customers but am looking forward to the day that I have my own vessel under my feet again. Regards Rick
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-01-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Welcome out of the closet MNS...
Im not often accused of being shy..mostly accused of being a rear end..

You should really just jump in and enjoy the fun...I have only been around since Jan 08 but several of these clowns have endeared them selves already and I know we will be good friends if we ever meet up..I have actually benefited in a tangibal way also..by being steered to my curent marina and slip arrangements and still havent meat the man whos boat is birthed 6' from mine... but we will and we'll probably empty a few suds togather once or twice I can imagine too.

There are some genuinely good and decent folks here and some genuine characters too..so loose that fear and jump into the fry.

Welcome Aboard Mattie

Last edited by Stillraining; 09-01-2008 at 11:26 PM.
Old 09-03-2008

Thanks for the welcome aboard , Mattie. There is nothing I like better than sailing , except for maybejust being amongst other sailors and sharing experiences, knowledge , and a few suds!, of course. i HOPE TO BA ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE SOMTHING HELPFUL AND WORTH WHILE WITH OTHER S HERE AS WELL AS LEARN AND SHARE OUR LOVE OF SAILING WITH EACH OTHER. Oh, there I go, screwing up with the cap. key..oh well ,who cares. See ya ijn the forums, Rick
Old 09-03-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Glad to hear you've stopped lurking, welcome.
Old 09-03-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Hey Rick...I sailed my first boat out of Larry's Lighthouse Marina some decades ago and it is tough to think of a nicer place to keep a boat than n the North Fork. Contests aren't well known here but they are great boats! Welcome to the light!!
Old 09-03-2008

imagine2frolic is on a distinguished road
MNS,

With your knowledge as a shipwright. Your knowledge will be extremely valuable here.......WELCOME....i2f
Old 09-03-2008

Just came back from crewingh on a Raider 33 for the wednesday night fun races. Long Islands East End and the Peconic Bay are wonderful sailing areas, Larry's is all the way down at the west end of the Bay and it is a nice sail from there out to orient point and beyond. I sure hope I can be of some help to others..just one of the great things about sailing and boats in general..you can never stop learning and finding new things to learn about, and the sailing community in particular I find to be always ready and willing to help. Camararderie, I see You have a ayana 52etch. I spent last year doing a mojor electrical refit of one and this year a new teak deck. They are really nice comfortable and capable blue water cruisers and great liveaboards too..I envy you. yContest is much like a fancier Pearson Triton , very similar designs, but with a whole lot of nice varnished mahogany interior. If only it was a little bit bigger!!