Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2008

Hiddenrogue is on a distinguished road
New member, novice sailor

Hello Everyone,

I just joined your site and have been reading the forums for the past several days. Sailing has been a long time interest of mine but I only went out my first time last Friday @ 34 years old.

I had spent the first 30 years of my life in central MS, USA and even after 4 years in the Seattle, WA, USA area I had never found time to go out on a boat. I recently made a job change from Microsoft over to Expedia and my team went out on 35' Catamaran on the Sound for a team morale event and I loved it, even though the wind was mostly nonexistant.

I went ahead and joined a local club (Windworks out of Shishole Marina) and will have my Basic Keelboat classes starting on the 21st of this month (US Sailing cert based). I can't wait and wish I had went ahead and joined the day before so I could have started the series last weekend.

I plan on sailing for a while with the club boats before I even think on buying a boat. I will probably take the 103 course after spending some time on the smaller boats improving on what I will learn in the classes and trying to line up some Windshare daysailing trips with some more seasoned skippers to expand on the basics I will be taught.

I just wanted to say hey and give a thank you for some of the tidbits I have picked up skimming the forums. Hopefully more of what I read will sink in better after I learn more of the language and have some hands up experience so I can related to most of what is discussed here.

If any of you are based out of the Seattle area or especially Windworks, I hope to see you around. Any advice will be welcomed.

~Shane
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-12-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to Sailnet Shane, glad to have you with us.
Old 09-12-2008

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Please post photo, thank you.
Old 09-12-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta View Post
Please post photo, thank you.
Oh no, does this mean you're back and we need to issue the standard warnings?