Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2008

KasbeKZ is on a distinguished road
new here

hi! i'm new to the forum so i thought i'd introduce myself and my intentions and give a little back ground.

i am 18, and attending college at ODU in norfolk, virginia, and i am from a county on the Rappahannock river. i learned to sail in annapolis, and for the last 6 or 7 years i've been racing locally and out of annapolis as much as i can. i've done flying scotts (winner of the spring series as RRYC! WOOT!), i learned in 420s naturally, and i've done some PHRF.

my intention here is to possibly get some help in making my decision to live on a boat for the rest of college, and if persuaded to make a positive decision, get some advise to make my transition into the life aboard a little easier. in return i hope to offer comic relief, and possibly some technical advise learned in my years of working at a boat yard and helping my dad on his side projects at home. and i'll be able to give advise on almost any engine problems, as my real passion lies in mechanisms. thanks for the welcome ahead of time, and sorry for the lengthy first post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 09-14-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to Sailnet, sounds like you've got a plan.
Old 09-14-2008

thanks much for the welcome.
Old 09-14-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Hi Kasbe and welcome. I sailed out of Deltaville for many years. You are in a good spot at ODU to think about living aboard. "Would you like to go for a sail ?"sure beats, "would you like to come up to my dorm room?" so these decisions can't be measured in dollars and cents alone!!
Old 09-14-2008

that's a very good way of looking at it! thanks for the welcome. around when were you sailing out of d-ville? and what marina? you probably know some people that i know.
Old 09-14-2008

i forgot to mention a bit that many of you may associate with. if you've ever heard of the line of trollers that zimmerman marine makes, the Z36 and 46, those are made at the yard that my dad works at all the time, and i've worked there for some summers. so i've been on all of them. just an interesting fact to brag about if it even holds any weight lol. their construction has been followed in a few big boating magazines, so most of you have probably seen them
Old 09-14-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Was in Deltaville till about year 2000 when we sailed away. Stingray Harbor and Shroeders Yacht Yard for all my work...know all those guys pretty well.
Old 09-15-2008

oh those are about the only ones i don't know actually lol. i know some people at dosiers and norview. i lived up by bush park. in wake. dont' know how much you got out of d ville
Old 09-15-2008

just want to say how helpful i am finding the forums so far. the topics already discussed are very extensive.

comarad, did you know frank bushong i think his last name was from shroders? he's a good friend of the family. well, from back in the day
Old 09-15-2008
moderate?

Yep...Frank did the paint job in the avatar! We hung out in the Bahamas one winter too! A magician with foberglass and paint.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.