Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2008

darkseer is on a distinguished road
need to sail

Hi all. I own a Hunter 30 and I sail the Chesapeake in the Va, MD area. Recently, my first mate can no longer sail with me and I need crew. I'm looking for 1-2 easy going younger individuals (20s-30s). Normally I take the boat out on weekends, May to Nov, and my cruising area is any destination within 20 miles of Annapolis inside the bay. This is where I feel comfortable soloing. If I find crew I trust I will take time off and the Atlantic coast is our oyster. The boat is based in Mayo MD. As a skipper I have 4 years experience. I've captained boats in Annapolis, Thailand and the Caribbean coastal/island regions, but have no blue water experience. Any crew that gets me from A - B safely, the first bottle of booze is on me that weekend if that's your liking. The whole point of my voyages is to have fun and meet people. I will train anyone willing to learn, but some experience is preferred. Mainly I want to know if you get seasick easily. For anyone willing I pay for the docakage/moorings and will coordinate any other supplies. If you want a say in the destination, you have to split the dockage with me. Ships store (food/water) will be split among all of us going. This is a standing offer but I'll place a thread for each weekend I want to go out. Contact me via the looking for crew threads or directly at darkseer@primogen.com. Photos of the boat interior available upon request.

Last edited by darkseer; 09-20-2008 at 07:39 PM. Reason: photos available.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-21-2008

KasbeKZ is on a distinguished road
i'd love to go for a few sails over the summer. i never get to do much good cruising. i'm living at school in norfolk now, but i'll be home on the rappahannock during the summer. i could run up to annapolis and meet you for a few cruises. but i wouldn't want to go up just for a day cruise. 2-3 days would make it worth it
Old 09-21-2008
Handsome devil

Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough Stillraining is a jewel in the rough
Just a quick compliment...I have seen quite a few posts in this same vein but yours is the best articulated and informative I have ever seen..Good Job..you sound like a good Skipper...Good Luck.
Old 09-22-2008

Cruise Length

I takes me 90 min to get to the boat usually. All cruises I plan will probably be over the course of a weekend, which means weekending it at a fun place, Annapolis, St. Michaels, Oxford, Kent Narrows, etc.... . I have about 4 sailing windows open until I haul the boat for the year. (Think the month of OCT) Right now I have no crew so its just me. I'll take up to 2 crew members for a voyage, but more than that and I can't provide separate beds for everyone. I have 4 separate bunks, but the fourth is kinda small so 3 crew is a stretch. Remember this is a 30' boat with a 10.5' beam, so there is room, but its not a luxury liner. This is where the easy going traits are required .

Last edited by darkseer; 09-22-2008 at 02:22 PM. Reason: dest ports
Old 09-22-2008

KasbeKZ is on a distinguished road
there is a hydroplane race off of kent island this summer. maybe we could go over there and watch the race from the boat. i have some friends that will be racing.
Old 09-22-2008
I don't discuss my member

zz4gta is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillraining View Post
Just a quick compliment...I have seen quite a few posts in this same vein but yours is the best articulated and informative I have ever seen..Good Job..you sound like a good Skipper...Good Luck.
+1 good post.

I'd be willing to do some cruising, most of my weekends are free if I'm not racing. Let me know through this post or PM.

Soon to be 27 y.o. male who will sail in almost anything.
Old 09-22-2008

I need a few more posts to send a PM. shoot me an e-mail at darkseer@primogen.com. I have 5 possible weekends left in the year. Location puts you close to me, I'd like to meet up zz4gta.
Old 09-23-2008
I don't discuss my member

zz4gta is on a distinguished road
I'll send you an email.

BTW - change your email addy to read darkseer at primogen dot com so you don't get spam.