Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2008

gkingshott is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gkingshott
Introduction

Hi,

My name is Garry Kingshott, an Australian national, recently relocated to Manila, Philippines on contract to run the country's largest LCC airline Cebu Pacific Air.

Just had a three year stint in Mumbai ( also in airline business) where there was no sailing to speak off. The Philippines is a different story, and just yesterday closed a deal on a 2000 Beneteau 411, named 'Serenity'

As I will be here for three to five years, hope to do plenty of coastal cruising and may or may not take it home to Oz with me when I leave. Vessel is Australian registered,( previous owner also an Australian) which is a bonus if I do take it home, but tracking it's history seems to have been owned by someone from the US originally. Am sure I can research it back from hull number somehow.

Anyway, as today is one of those two great days in any sailor's life thought I would jump on board your site.

Am sure I will have some questions for you as I get to know my new yacht and it's equipment.

Nice to be a yacht owner again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 10-24-2008
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Gary, it's great to have another fellow Aussie here and congratulations on the purchase - sounds nice! We look forward to some pictures when you get that far..

Welcome aboard!
Old 10-24-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to Sailnet Garry, glad to have you with us.
Old 10-24-2008
"OLD SALT"

easygoing is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard Garry, Be seeing you soon.
I work in Iraq and go on vacation about every 4 months.
I plan on being in the Philippines some time in May. Hope to see you there.
Anyway glad you are with sailnet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Bill"
S/V "Silly Bette"
1968 38' Hughes
Old 10-24-2008
Just another Moderator

Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about Faster has a spectacular aura about
Looks like you've got a great few years ahead!

If our Simon could bring his "new" boat to Oz from San Fran, (and he did in fine form) I'm thinking you might do the same.

Welcome to Sailnet.

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.