SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

New member from Boston area

882 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  orientalnc2010 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I would like to introduce myself as new owner of a PSC31 that is on the hard here in Ma. My wife and I have been sailing for about 12 years now, I'm a convert, having been a stink potter my first 40 years. Can't say why I saw the light but sure glad I did. We hope to be sailing out of Oriental NC by 2010, hence the name and the cruising boat.
I am planning the installation of new instrumentation and will be rigging the boat for the first time in the spring. There will be lots of questions I will have: hope that I can answer some also.
Steve
PSC 31 #125
Ryoko

#6 ·
Hi maddie,
We decided that Oriental would be a nice place to retire so 5 or 6 years ago we bought a piece of land on Pierce creek that the previous owner kindly had just installed a 40 dock. This will be our base of operations in a few years, timetable depending on the housing market.
Sea Vista marina is down the creek towards the Neuse from our location. Pecan Grove just on the other side of the bridge towards Minnesott just expanded. We took a sail into River Dunes last year to check out the new yacht basin, very nice. Whittaker Creek has a new marina scheduled to be built but I think many projects are on hold right now.
You must have spent some time at the Bean. Sounds like you do a lot of traveling from your note "hardly ever home". Is this sailing business or the work related?
Happy thanksgiving

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.