Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2008

orientalnc2010 is on a distinguished road
New member from Boston area

Hi all,
I would like to introduce myself as new owner of a PSC31 that is on the hard here in Ma. My wife and I have been sailing for about 12 years now, I'm a convert, having been a stink potter my first 40 years. Can't say why I saw the light but sure glad I did. We hope to be sailing out of Oriental NC by 2010, hence the name and the cruising boat.
I am planning the installation of new instrumentation and will be rigging the boat for the first time in the spring. There will be lots of questions I will have: hope that I can answer some also.
Steve
PSC 31 #125
Ryoko
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 11-16-2008

bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about bubb2 has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to sailnet Ryoko. We have a distinguished member here who also owns a PSC 31. I sure you will find John to be a wealth of information.
Old 11-16-2008

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Welcome to Sailnet Steve.
Old 11-16-2008
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Welcome...good luck with the plans! We have lots of members in and around Oriental and one guy with a trimaran up your way!
Old 11-26-2008

maddie123 is on a distinguished road
Ryoko, I've spent a lot of time in Oriental. Have you looked at marinas there?
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
Mark Twain
Old 11-27-2008

orientalnc2010 is on a distinguished road
Hi maddie,
We decided that Oriental would be a nice place to retire so 5 or 6 years ago we bought a piece of land on Pierce creek that the previous owner kindly had just installed a 40 dock. This will be our base of operations in a few years, timetable depending on the housing market.
Sea Vista marina is down the creek towards the Neuse from our location. Pecan Grove just on the other side of the bridge towards Minnesott just expanded. We took a sail into River Dunes last year to check out the new yacht basin, very nice. Whittaker Creek has a new marina scheduled to be built but I think many projects are on hold right now.
You must have spent some time at the Bean. Sounds like you do a lot of traveling from your note "hardly ever home". Is this sailing business or the work related?
Happy thanksgiving
PSC 31 #125
Ryoko
Oriental, NC
One of the two happiest days in a sailors life
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.