From Laser racing, Windsurfing, Crewing, back to Seeking a New Boat - SailNet Community

Search Sailnet:

forums  store  

Quick Menu
Forums           
Articles          
Galleries        
Boat Reviews  
Classifieds     
Search SailNet 
Boat Search (new)

Shop the
SailNet Store
Anchor Locker
Boatbuilding & Repair
Charts
Clothing
Electrical
Electronics
Engine
Hatches and Portlights
Interior And Galley
Maintenance
Marine Electronics
Navigation
Other Items
Plumbing and Pumps
Rigging
Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > Welcome to Sailnet > Introduce Yourself
 Not a Member? 

Introduce Yourself Welcome to the Sailnet.com - The world's largest online sailing community! Tell us about yourself so we can get to know you. NEW!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2008

crewgypsy is on a distinguished road
From Laser racing, Windsurfing, Crewing, back to Seeking a New Boat

I have two teenage girls, sometime sailors and am actively reviewing 25-30' sailboats to purchase a nice boat for cruising and would also like to race in the future. We sail primarily out of Rochester, NY on Lake Ontario, although I have also been an active racing member of Pultneyville Yacht Club.

I am actively seeking a nice, reliable sailboat that is also fun and rewarding to sail. So far, have seen a nicely maintained Cal 25 but fear it a bit small for overnight weekends for 4 people. Am actively looking at Cal 28, C and C boats, Pearson, but think I need to sail a few next spring to make a better decision.

My sailing experience started on Lake George, where I would sail daily from 11 am to 4 p, daily, then crewing on a C and C 28 out of the Lake George Yacht Club and Green Harbor. I purchased a Laser after college and raced and sailed that awhile ( got a first rate sailing education from the water up from a friend on the Navy Sailing Team out of Annapolis),

Now I have crewed on a few boats that are more substantial (CS 30, freedom 35, Benetteau 10-R) and dearly miss the enjoyment of watching and adjusting telltails.... So--anyone who has any time to give me some opinions of a nice used sailboat-- would like to spend 20k or less----and have a boat that I can enjoy for awhile----i would appreciate feedback. Sailnet has been very interesting to read the various threads of conversations of sailors in similar situations to mine . Like the looks of the Cal 28, and the Sabre 28. So--anyone who has had similar experiences, feel free- many thanks!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook